Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Wow!! Go Margaret!! And may no-one stand in your way while you wield that plunger...

Take care

Sceptor

...My method is usually to get a very attractive blond woman to hold my book at a 45 degree angle. There's usually one to spare around me, since they seem to follow me around.............

...note to self: think over schedule of Messageboard, PR dirty magazine, dream play tape. Effect is questionable.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

I have been working with the book angle and found that it assists my reading tremendously. I got tired of propping mine up with a Kleenex box and I didn't want to try Margaret's innovative plunger bookstand, so I started looking for stands.

I could not find the specific ones mentioned in this stream of email. I have purchased 3 bookstands each with its own advantages. The first I tried was an inexpensive metal frame-like support structure, costs about $5. Then I went to a plastic one by Fellowes, costs around $15 (both of these I got at my college bookstore. The absolute best I've found so far is called the book gem; it is the most flexible and compact. If anyone is interested you can see more about it at http://www.bookgem.com/. It was $20 plus shipping but well worth it.

I never prop my books up becasuse I can't find an effective way of page turning.

I usually just lay them flat and flip. The bookstands I've seen have legs which interfere with the pages, unless I just a pull up on the page and over the leg. *shrug*

Tracey

yes thats what i was thinking when i looked at the book gem and mot other models how do you work it so the page keepers are not in the way... i think i just answered my own question but ifthere is another way tell me so you jst have all the pages resting on it and the page holder just having the book open?

The first 2 bookholders I got just allows a section of pages to sit in front of the page holders. I usually don’t tuck them each under the holder after I’ve read each page. This does not bother me if the pages are not light in weight and therefore do not flop forward.

The 3rd stand I tried the book gem has clips in front of the page/book holder that do a good job of holding 20 to 30 pages. If you then want to tuck in that section you have read and take out another group of pages the major page clips are spring loaded gadgets that let you easily set up more pages to read. But maybe propping up the book does not make much of a difference to your reading.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved