Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

could someone please help ive been trying this for a little over a month now and still i see no progress i listened to the paraliminal personal genius to guide me into the flow state im not sure if it did this i just know i was energized after it ended and i lose the photofocus and the blip when i turn the pages does anyone use the alternativ method listed in the book successfully? and maybey im not previewing the book properly or something i do i normal red the index and table of contents and stuff to preview and the trigger words and after ive supposedly previewed i get into what i am under the impression from reading posts is the accell learning state where everything fades out and all you are paying attention to is the book and i still dont understand the difference between rapid read super read and dipp as compared to just regularly reading the book someone please help me thank you

We can help!

First, explain in detail how you are doing each of the steps of PhotoReading. Include the time you're spending in each step, and at the end, the specific questions you have.

Prepare

Preview

PhotoRead

Activate

Rapid Read

OP Offline

Prepare: i get in a room that is well lit with little distraction if any set my book out that i plan to read then i listen to personal genius to help me get into the state

Preview: i flip through the book and i dont know how to tell the trigger words but i read the table of contents the index and the back of the book

Photoread i try as best i can with the tangerine technique for a few minutes then i center my focus above the book a little bit so that i see the blip however i usually lose it after flipping throuhg a few pages or so then i go to bed so it can incubate ispent about 20 minutes going from page to page each second on my government book

Activate: i do the tangerine thing and i try to let my eyes flow over the words but it has yet to work and when i se something i want to get more into do i rapid read or super read or dip or regular read

rapid read: i dont understand how to do tthis

Please help it is greatly appreciated

and do i just activate the chapters i need?

Thanks so much for the help

You're right on track. I'll give you some tips on doing each step.

Prepare: Create a purpose/outcome statement for what you want to get out of your book/reading materials. Do the Tangerine Technique.

Preview: Spend no more than 8 minutes leafing through your book cover-to-cover, writing down all and any key words and phrases that catch your attention. These are typically in the chapter titles, bold & italicized print. Then, review the list.

PhotoRead: Do the 3-2-1 relaxation process to enter the "Accelerated Learning State." Affirm mastery over the info and the outcome you want. Then, start flipping those pages in a steady rhythm and comfortable pace, using the 4-3-2-1 chant. When finished, close the book and say the closing affirmations bulleted on page 51 of the how-to PhotoRead book.

Activate: Craft several Mind Probing questions with the trigger words/phrases from Preview, then SuperRead & Dip in multiple 30-minute sessions, going through your book again, cover-to-cover in each pass. Build structure first add to it with each additional pass, one layer of comprehension at a time.

Rapid Read: After you've gotten a good grasp of how the whole book is put together, then shift into Rapid Reading to go back and get all the specific detail you want.

At first, focus on mastering the basics, and the best way to do that is by doing all 5 steps of PhotoReading on 3-5 books you have not read yet. Non-fiction and not too terribly technical.

Questions?

OP Offline

i know the book expplains super read and dip but i still cant grasp the idea of it how does it differ from reading , so your saying i just super read and dip multiple times and i dont have good understanding of the rapid reading stage either thank you

Go back and re-read the "Activation" chapters in your PhotoReading book, then let me know what part of SuperReading and Rapid Reading you don't quite get.

OP Offline

This may sound odd i am comprehending the words i read im just not getting the idea or gist of the super reading and dipping like i can read it and comprehend i just cant put it into action possibly if you could reword it it could help im sorry to be of trouble i just really wantto make this work and i suppose the book is explainging it a bit to complicated for me hope to hear back from you thanks

[This message has been edited by Wanna fly an F-16 (edited November 09, 2001).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved