Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hello,

I would like to ask everyone a question.

I was wondering if I could get a check from everyone who honestly has had success in learning PhotoReading, ( not just once or twice trying this, but feels they are successful at using this skill at will).

I belive PhotoReading can work, but I know no one else who has tried this and I am looking for courage, support, and belife from others, since many people whom I have spoken to about this belives PhotoReading is not realisticly achieved.

Thanks.

I guess no one has had any success with Pring.

PhotoReading success stories are peppered throughout all of the past threads. Until someone responds or a fresh story is posted, you can use the search funtion to find the stories that PhotoReaders have been posting here over the last several months and longer.

Here is a fresh success story from one of our PhotoReading seminar graduates:

"About a month after I completed PhotoReading training I approached finals in my grad classes. Through the traditional method I had
good grades, so I designed a test.

Class #1: I study using my traditional study methods for the final exam. The test was supposed to be multiple choice with some application math questions.

Class #2: I used photoreading only to prepare for this exam. I resisted studying any other way. It was hard!

I took the two tests the same day. Test two was first. I was gliding through the test and finished in about 20 minutes of the allotted three hours. Because I finished so quickly, there was time to review. So I did. And I actually found a question that I had answered wrong. Then I panicked and reviewed all of the answers. I changed a few again. When I got the results back, my score was a 93%. The answer that I changed was from wrong to right was correct, but I also changed three answers from right to wrong, which were right to begin with. So if I had left well enough alone,
I would have missed one question max.

Test two was a bear but I made a 100% on it. But I was well prepared because of the free time I inherited by using PhotoReading to study for the other test.

My conclusion was that PhotoReading was at least as effective as my traditional method of study. In addition, PhotoReading allowed for longer retention and recall of the material at a later date when needed. I start law school in January and I am depending on my newfound skill of PhotoReading to assist me since I will be working full-time. I try to Photoread as much as possible. My usual distractions are stress or an inability to focus. When I am relaxed, it is smooth sailing."

STAN DOBBS
PhotoReader

When I got the course I was excited and dove in. After tape 7 I realized I was not getting the reults in the exercizes and got discouraged. Since then, this past March, it has set on the shelf. Therefore, if you do get it, make a commitment to yourself, that you will complete it once you start it.

At this point I think I may just start over form the begining. I know that if I can even just doulbe or triple my speed and do the same with comprehension, it would give me new opportunities in my life. I should have called to speak to the Photoreading staff when I saw I was not progressing, but I did not, and that was my fault not theirs.

OP Offline

Dana, Thanks you for sharing the that story from a student.

I am still learning to PhotoRead and I as don't have any stories, yet. But I do find the hardest thing about Photoreading is just the commitment. But like all things in life, ( a diet, excersize, learning a new langauge or anything else ) it takes commitment, Time, and effort. I have made a goal to stick with this for the next 6 to 12 month of practicing because I am dertermined to make this work...which is why it's 2:40 in the morning now. I for got to practice and was in bed when I relized, I commitmentand goals..so I got up and went through my PhotoReading practices now..and thought I'd check this message board to see if I could learn anything else from other people sharing their stories.

I've been helping a few people thru email (won't name them) and I'm surprised that some things just don't work for someone unless they practice it over and over for hours and even then it's just a little better than before but at least then they know it's possible.

I tricked this guy into making PR work for him by faking him out. I said "ALright, so PR doesn't work, who cares. Use it as a way of studying instead of as a magic wand." I had him first PRing with no preview, then rapid reading the whole thing at Mach5 and finally using SR/Dipping as a way to reviewing/studying instead of as a way of reading and he's happy as hell. He marks the margin where he doesn't understand something the first time thru so he can come back and dip into it. Then I said "you know, you can switch between RR and SR/Dip all the way thru the book" so then he did that and eventually just started flying.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved