Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

The blip page is something to STOP us from consciously getting occupied with the words or something to keep our minds off of the fact that we're "reading" right?

Once the conscious mind comes in- does preconscious absorbing of the page stop? Or is it hindered?

I ask because sometimes I have to read things out of a 3 ring binder and I just look at the center of the page with the words on it and here and there a word does come into hard focus but I don't think it screws anything up because it's the same gaze I use on the computer screen.

With all this talk about divergent gazes I was just wondering.

Andy,
Just a thought, but would it be possible to just put the pages in a pile & do a soft gaze for the 1 pg. by looking in a peripheral manner at the four corners? You could then keep the soft gaze & quickly look at one page & remove it from the pile w/o affecting the soft gaze.

Andy:

Being a Data Communications Engineer, providing customer support for their broadband wireless internet WAN (wide area networks), a lot of my techincal references consist of three ring binders. I manage to photoread them like I would any book. I establish my blip page, then start page turning. Now I must admit, I turn pages slower, rather must slower than I do a regular book and that is due to the fact that the holes in the pages are fragile and you have to deal with pages binding in the rings. But if you slow down, binding is kept to minimum. Give it a try and let me know if it worked for you. Play with it and have much fun!!!!!!

Andy:

One thing I forgot to mention, and that is, I still look in the center of the binder the same way as I would a book with soft gaze and blip. No problemo.

Hmmm... Do you generally have pages with print on both sides, or just one? The reason I ask is, I wonder if staring at the center of the binder leaves one eye 'hungry' if only one side of the spine has print.

Maybe it's not important.. but I was just wondering.

Thanks.

Sceptor

Don:

I have binders with pages on both sides and pages on one side only. I don't think about it, I just photoread. The unconcious mind takes care of the rest.

Don:

Sorry, sometimes I get dyslexsic )D .
I meant to say, print on both sides of the pages and some with print on one side only. You kinda understand what I mean right????

ah.. ok, eye see

But say you had a lot of material to cover, and all the pages were printed on one side only, would you still focus on the spine of the binder? Or would you concentrate your attention on the text-bearing page (the way we[I] do when PRing text on a computer screen)?

Does it make a difference?

Now I wonder. Can a person with vision in one eye only have similar success with the PR step of the PR system as someone who has the use of both eyes? And if so, might the results differ depending on which eye (i.e. left or right) were functional? (Does the side of the brain related to the eye in use have any bearing on this?)

Perhaps Pete or Paul could help answer this one.

Again, thanks.

Sceptor

Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

I don't think my question was clear. I can easily PR things in a 3ring or on a computer screen.

I was just asking if the conscious mind DID come in for a split second if that really was a big deal. Even with a blip I can see alot of words clear and it's possible for the my mind to hardfocus on something.

Also wondering if the main purpose of the blip was mind distraction.

Andy:
I personally thing that the concious mind does come in for a split second in your case.
To prevent this from happening, I always religiously photoread starting out with the material upside down. No matter what the material is that I'm reading.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved