Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

For novels, do the full "Prepare" and "PhotoRead" steps right before you go to sleep at the end of the day. Many many people will recall a dream session related to the storyline in that book.

I've been doing that with the Harry Potter book but I just can't remember anything when I get up. The commercial looks strangly familiar but I just can't think of what happened on my own.

"Relax, 321, yadda yadda yadda. I'm going to Photoread the Harry Potter book for the purpose of being able to scream out what happens in the movie theatre so I can p*ss all the little kids off...."

Andy,
Pete posted the guide lines for a contest on this DF some time ago. I was amazed at how well it worked for novels.

1. At night, in a dark room w/ only the light on the novel, PhR it.

2. If you notice any sensations or any feelings or just anything at all---stop---back up a page or two if necessary.

Yep, that's all it takes! It blew my mind. Since then i've just done the same thing but w/ a clearly stated goal: I want to find the theme of this book. Next, dark room, light only on the book & for me ( i get the best results from going upside down) i stop when i notice a sensation or just a tired feeling.

At first i actually thought i was tired, but then i realized that that was my personal signal for: stop right now & check it out.

My first book was around 200+ pages. A very simple Nevada Barr book that was laying around the house. Right size, print for a test case.

I went thru it front to back--nothing. Turned it upside down & just stopped b/c i felt tired. I almost didn't bother to look, but thank goodness i did b/c it was at the exact most dramatic spot in the whole book. Someone had just tried to kill her & she was climbing back up the wall of the canyon & had just said to herself that they had tried to make the murder look like a mountain lion had done it. Title of the book: Track of the Cat w/ a mountain lion on the front.

LET me tell you this i was totally stunned. How could i possibly stop on this 1 page w/o any--none--preview of this book. It was a victory but scary b/c i thought: how the hell could i ever get that lucky again w/ a novel?

I stopped 2 more times & had all the main characters of the novel & even the exact page where Anna was discussing to the mother about the girl who was murdered. Honest: 3 stops on the EXACT pages.

I've since replicated this w/ other novels, but i'm not into novels too much. I've read Harry Potter though

I'll try it, thanks!

OP Offline

Thanks to all!

I ordered the set and am excited to start.

How much time should I give it each day? Will this work for everyone?

Mike

Give it all the time you have. If 1/2 hr a day is all you got, then that has to be it.

It won't work on people too smart for their own good. (People that already know everything)

People,
I really appreciate the personal insight, experinces, testimonies, and suggestions. I admitt, I am poor right and can't afford the course but I do have the book. The book is good, but what I feel it lacks is all the personal views, angles, and experinces that each person has shared. By reading these different messages, I realized that there was an important step I have been neglecting in my practices (Mind Mapping) and I begin including this.

Thanks for everything shared.

Another thing not clear in the book is the relaxed/alert state. Well, it's clear but on the tapes you do them alot and get good at it. With the book it's easy to skip doing that.

Take 5 min, say to yourself what's in the book, add something of your own if you want, breathe deep etc etc. Reviewing mind probes can be done here if it's an activation step or second activation. Closing affirm's are just as important. The memory Paraliminal has tons of phrases you can "steal" for your affirmations.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved