Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

This is gonna be good!!. Pete, Paul, Dana,
Jump in at anytime

actually, this conversation refers to a previous point somebody made, which is, if your mind remembers everything then reading regularly should also get the info into your other-than-conscious. maybe it does, maybe it doesnt...as i remember tho, i think mr. scheele said something like it's been shown that data goes into your "other" mind when your mind is producing delta waves...your mind produces delta waves in photofocus...

about your question whether you can hard focus or not, etc...just the term hard focusing means you're seeing every single word, which albeit could be faster than normal reading, but nowhere as close as photofocus where you're not looking at a specific word but you're looking at ALL the words on the pages...ALL of them...there's no way you can look at all of them at the same time in hard focus..and you can surely say looking at all of them is much faster than looking at one or few of them...hence, the page a minute thing.....

-ahdy

quote:
Originally posted by ahdy2000:
actually, this conversation refers to a previous point somebody made, which is, if your mind remembers everything then reading regularly should also get the info into your other-than-conscious. maybe it does, maybe it doesnt...as i remember tho, i think mr. scheele said something like it's been shown that data goes into your "other" mind when your mind is producing delta waves...your mind produces delta waves in photofocus...

-ahdy

Yes i can remember reading somewhere in this forum once and i can also remember that no answers were clear.

I very much doubt if unconcious receive info only when delta brainwave is produced. if that's true , why do we dream about something just happen yesterday?? when we dream , we are in the unconcious ,right ???

OP Offline

andy2000,

it's nonsense to think that when we are in photofocus our brain produces delta waves. You could be in photofocus and producing beta, alfa, theta or delta (delta and theta are less likely since delta usually happens only when in 4th stage of sleep and theta when in hypnagogic state of sleep, however you can be in theta and wide awake at the same time ... have you ever practiced meditation? Heck, you could also be in delta and wide awake ... but that has another name ... OOBE ... ).
Well, the point is that just seeing a "blip" page and turning pages while chanting (relax, relax, relax) won't slow down your brainwaves from beta to delta, I am completely sure of that fact. Another matter is that, before "photofocusing" you have to relax, this is some kind of meditation, and it's used to slow down your brainwaves.
In summary, photofocus doesn't slow down your brainwaves. However, in order for photofocus to be useful you have to slow them down, hence the "preparation" step.
Anyway, I very, very, very much doubt anyone can be in delta and turning pages at the same time, simply because of the reason that conscious or not, when in delta you are not able to move ... ever heard about "sleep paralysis"? Well, then that would be "conscious delta", hence the paralysis. I don't wanna go too deep into these topics. If anyone want me to go deeper, say so and I'd be glad to explain it.
Finally, I think that the ideal state would be to go to theta and then photoread in theta state. This is way too difficult, but with practice it becomes possible.

I think he meant alpha waves.

I think the answer is probably in the alpha waves.

Soft focus is good because it's good for maintaining alpha waves. Alpha waves are good because it's when your conscious and subconscious mind are better connected.

I just tried it now to be sure...hard focus took me clean out of alpha state. I could get away with a "soft" but not divergent gaze, and was still able to maintain it. But not in hard focus.

Anyway, I don't think we should worry about "how it works" is what I was trying to say before. I mean, they could've fine tuned the whole photoreading program around trial and error, in which case you might not know HOW it works, but know that it DOES work.

Like, let's say a group of Native Americans fall upon a large grove of some plant. Then they notice that whenever they smoke it, they get really messed up and start seeing the gods (more often than not this includes Jerry Garcia). They don't know how it happens, they just know they get hungry and really mellow afterwards. But the plant still works. Sure, later on scientists will smoke it also, and try to figure out how it works, (the cold war is over, we might as well move on to better things, right?), but in the long run, it still just works, and it can still be found in the sock drawers of generations upon generations after the original English settlers.

In sum:
1) Soft focus because it keeps you in alpha.
2) Alpha because it connects the subconscious and conscious.
3) Don't worry how, just know it does.
4) Native Americans worshipped Jerry Garcia.

Hoped this has helped in some way. If yes, cool, if not, s'okay, Jerry and I will talk about you behind your back

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com ("I was gonna clean my room, but then I got...")

PS - If you really wanna test photofocus, try the system without it...seriously, it's your best bet, rather than trying to get LSC to post test results or research on this board.
PPS - Theerapun, what does your name mean? I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out...is it "The ERA pun"?

[This message has been edited by razordu30 (edited December 05, 2001).]

Paul said that Photofocus uses high Theta, NOT Delta. Where did you get Delta from? Of course your not going to believe that Photofocus gets you into Delta, I wouldn't either.

He said Alpha isn't even used. Several posts ago we were all arguing about the best way to get into Alpha but it's not necessary. I always knew that after 15 or so minutes of any activity, if you really like doing it, you're going to effortlessly slip into the "flow" (alpha) state. If you hate the activity there's no way to slip into it without meditative techniques. The simple fact that you have to try to do it indicates you'd rather be doing something else. I will slip into an alpha state after playing tennis but not if I play basketball-because I hate doing it, but someone else can.

heheh..yea, theta...not delta...theta...lo siento

p.s. isnt paralysis in REM?

Thanks Ramon.
I'm quite interested in brainwaves , meditation and OOBE. I'll e-mail you soon

I know the best way to test photoreading is try it myself .. ,however the biggest problem is that i'm not a photoreader yet. I'm just a beginner who needs a lot more practice . I don't even know what photoreading can really do for me. maybe u can enlighten me

I'm from Thailand. Theerapun is pronounced 'tee-ra-pan'. It means nothing , it's just a name i'm sorry if my name has taken you some time to figure its meaning

I totally agree with Andy that we're in alpha after doing some activities for 15 mins.

[This message has been edited by theerapun (edited December 06, 2001).]

OP Offline

Mr Scheele,

please , we are still waiting for your reply.

Forget it, Paul Scheele won't answer us for sure because there's no scientific proof on this and he doesn't know either. I think we should stop thinking about WHY and start practicing the system faithfully.

Why does it take u so long to PhotoRead Math books? it's taken me only 30 mins a day to photoread 5 books. I'll shorthen this to 20 mins today since i want to sleep more.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved