Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline

theerapun,

when you photoread math books, do you just use photofocus or also use previewing and activation?
There's no way I can use previewing or activation, because, how am I supposed to preview or activate something that I don't understand at all? (You know how messy math language can be).

I use only PhotoFocus to build neural association. My purpose is to improve my PR skills not to improve my math skill. I believe it's impossible to understand math with PhotoReading as a beginner. You'd better learn it in an old fashion way. And as i know our unconcious isn't so good at analytical and mathametical job.... maybe photoreading math books doesn't help at all !!!

I'm looking for a new way to study Math and physics too. I'll e-mail you if i have any good information.

P.S. why don't u try ImageStream? i'm doing it daily and it takes only 10 mins !. maybe it'll help us in creative and analytical thinking.

Yes I would like also to know if skipping the
photofocus step would still give one the full comprehension........Seems MM is the most valuable step and Ive done basically that with study techniques, ie; mind probing questions etc. I know experimentation is the best method to reach a conclusion on this, but has this been already achieved?

Wayne

I experimented with it, and without PRing it I was completely lost. I did my best, too. At first, I thought I had it, then my retention of the material I was "skimming" slowly dissipated, and I realized that without PRing, for me at least, the process was completely useless.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Yes, do it yourself and see.

I think the effect of blip is two:
1.Absording all the information in you sight
2.Letting your subconscious works best

[This message has been edited by demon386 (edited September 06, 2005).]

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by demon386:
I think the effect of blip is two:
1.Absording all the information in you sight

You do that anyway.

quote:
2.Letting your subconscious works best

It does anyway.

The blip is an indicator that you are using your peripheral vision, rather than foveal vision. Because the mind processes information taken in by the peripheral non consciously and the information taken in by the foveal vision consciously. As it relates to normal reading. This is not a perfect explaination and definately not a scientific esplaination. It's based on observation. There is much more going on. But it serves like learning the sequence of steps to dance a waltz.

Alex

I've seen photofocus (under different names) taught in martial arts as a method to enhance awareness and speed up reflexes as well as in a book by Tom Brown, a survival instructor, who teaches it for enhancing awareness in nature observation and tracking.

I tried doing it without the photoreading step and it is a lot harder. I think it's the difference between driving somewhere you've been to before and driving to a totally new destination using a new route. With PR you get that gee I been here before feeling and can move swiftly through a text. Taking in whole pages in a glance, without it forget it. I don't understand people's resistance to the pr step it takes a few minutes to perform. The key is to stay aware of internal ques to what to read.

As for asking a 100 people, why bother, in my experience 95 out of a 100 people resist any change. The ones to talk to are the ones that say that's interesting tell me more... Remember the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. Copernicus and Darwin were majorities of one. Be part of that majority.

Do the mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation? I have always doubted that.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved