Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

I have to say I'm a little bit stunned at something.

I've had 2 nagging problems for probably the past 15 years, insomnia and addiction to niccotine (snuff). I've had the 2 paraliminals "SmokeFree" and "DreamPlay" for a little over 2 months now and I've been using them every or every other day since I've gotten them. Nov. 15th was Dear Abby's "Smokeathon" or whatever where if you use niccotine you're supposed to knock it off for just a day so I said what the heck and did it for just one day. All I did was everytime Paul said "smoking" (on the tape) I mentally said "chewing." That lasted until Thanksgiving when I fell off the waggon and bought a can and for some reason it just wasn't "the same." It's now what, Dec 2nd and I pretty much just don't care about it. I guess I could go back to it and I guess I also just don't care. It's a really weird feeling kinda like INDIFFERENCE toward it. The only thing I can say is something on that paraliminal must have done something because I'm not doing anything else. Also, my desire to quit was just based on a passing feeling, I honestly had given up trying.

Also, last night I flopped on the bed and didn't have the energy to reach over and grab my walkman with DreamPlay in it. Now, I've done this a few times but last night was the first time I really noticed that I didn't need the tape anymore to fall asleep. I'm out in under 15 minutes now consistently. It used to be occasionally and sometimes I'd make it thru to the end of a tape and sometimes not but It's pretty consistent now. Today I was up at 5:55am on my own - I have not done that (NO LIE!) in over 10 years. I even remember the last day I woke up on my own. I was working on a road crew and I had to get up around then anyway and during that time only once was I up before my alarm, it was the summer of 1990.

Hey LS, check the date (I'm sure it's on file) that I bought those and post it here if you could so everyone know's I'm not making this up. I'm guessing they took 2 months to work, maybe longer, who knows but I'm amazed.

Needless to say, THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by Andy030 (edited December 02, 2001).]

Andy:

Hmmmmmm. I got my PR and a variety of tapes,including DreamPlay, on Friday. I'm also an insomniac and I put the DreamPlay on and I was asleep within minutes and was up at 6am this morning. It used to be that I would sleep for 2 hours max and then be up the rest of the night.

Now--I wonder when I'll be able to actually "hear" DreamPlay?

Marian

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved