Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#25124 12/04/01 01:37 AM
Marian Offline OP
OP Offline

I seem to have a problem with the Tangerine theory. Does anyone have a different way for me to accomplish this? When I meditate or use self-hypnosis...I can use the "third eye" easily enough but this really has stumped me.

Marian

it is just like the thinking cap you did in kindergarden all it does is just to keep you mind on the book insted of what you have to do tomarrow or what you did yesterday or somthing

sorry for my spelling

Marian Offline OP
OP Offline

Glass:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I still don't understand. I need some better description in order to visualize this "tangerine" or "thinking cap".

Marian

I guess you could picture one of those cardboard birthday hats rubberbanded to the back of your head. Alternatively, you could probably go out and buy one.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Marian Offline OP
OP Offline

ROTFL, Ramon. No, no, no...I need something better to visualize...something that I can wrap my mind around. For some reason the hat, cap, tangerine just isn't working for me. I just can't grasp this idea.

HELP!!!!!

Marian

After doing the tangerine technique, i could somewhat feel that the tangerine is on the back of my head. This is not just a visualization, but an acutal feeling.

So I'm guessing that you could try putting the tips of your fingers on the back of your head and while gently pressing on it, start rubing it in a circular motion for about 5 secs or so. After doing this, you should feel as if there is a point of attention on the back of your head.

*It's best to do this while being relaxed, and make sure you dont think about ANYTHING*

Marian Offline OP
OP Offline

OK, Eager. I'll try what you've suggested. Perhaps I'll try and get myself into a state of self-hypnosis for this.

Meanwhile...back to the tapes.

Marian

Visualizing myself with fruit on my head doesn't really inspire me so I visualize a huge light beam going into my head at that exact spot where he tells you to put the tangerine.

Your head is somewhat down so the light would be comming straight down into the top of your head.

Got the idea off some meditation tape.

I remember the first time I tried to use the tangerine technique...let's just say it wasn't working.

My visualization (this is graphic) was that a nail was in the back of my head. It was holding up a sign that said, "Concentrate, stupid!" Believe it or not, this kind of worked.

That and the "picture you're standing just behind and above you" thing.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com ("No quote this time, guys...instead, check out this insane link that seems appropriate: http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/08/28/nail.in.head/" -Wow...just wow)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved