Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

For basic exam comprehension; could one PR and then let regular reading of the material be the activation medium? I read one post from someone in medical school (I think) who was letting the lectures be the activation process. I know that following all of the steps is suggested but am curious to see if
PR added to the old reading method may help
the memory process when it is needed most.

Thanks,
Wayne

quote:
Originally posted by SApolice:
For basic exam comprehension; could one PR and then let regular reading of the material be the activation medium?

Sure. That will work, too. It will just take you a bit longer to achieve the same "gel" experience that you get with the activation techniques.

quote:
I read one post from someone in medical school (I think) who was letting the lectures be the activation process. I know that following all of the steps is suggested but am curious to see if PR added to the old reading method may helpthe memory process when it is needed most.

Thanks,
Wayne

OP Offline

Thanks Dana. One other thought, after throughly reading and studying a book, will
using the PR step reinforce the information into long term memory better? Im not as intersted in speed as I am comprehension.

Thanks

Arranging your key words and phrases on your mind map is the best/easiest way to capture information into long-term memory.

See page 51 of the homestudy course workbook for details on all 8 different learning intelligences utilitized when you create a mind map.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved