Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I still can't seem to activate anything. I would listen to the tapes, preview-trigger word, Photoread and the rest falls apart. No activation or superreading works. Just regular read and that is taking forever.

Reading technical books to pass Certification test. Its been months and I'm still not able to recall and use the info I Photo and regular read.

I just spend hours and hours on one book hoping something would come but nothing.

I would like to just have one success to build on.

Any takers

I was thinking of using pring for my CPA (Certified Public Accounting)exam next May. Please, I want to read success stories to made up my mind to learn the system. I'm not going to dedicate a month of my time to learn a system that might not work after all.I can take this month to regular read the Auditing part of the exam or the Tax part of it. I've been reading many postings, but I cannot seem to find a single one that will make me believe. I need to read the following at least once:

I pread for my CPA,Mcat,Clast,SAT whatever and I got an 80%. Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you Pete, Paul, Dana. I did it. I can read half as fast as Pete. Really, I can. How come I've never read a posting like that. I just read people complaining about the system and A guy crying about not passing the mcats because he pread all the books he needed to pass and it didn't work.

In response to " I just read people complaining about the system and A guy crying about not passing the mcats because he pread all the books he needed to pass and it didn't work."

Giancarlo,

I am assuming that you are referring to the post I made a few months back. I would like to make something clear. Yes, I did PR all my material, BUT I used that as a supplement to my regular reading, studying and practice exams. To just PR books and believe that you can ace the MCAT is absurd. I did not cast the blame on anyone but myself. I stated that I was frustrated that I could not seem to make the system work for me. Just because You and I cannot make it work does not mean it doesn't. There are plenty of people on this forum that can attest to that. So, please take your negativity elsewhere and continue to be the miserable person that you are.

hows about this:

get just the book, read it (it'll take you a few hours depending..), and just do the first few steps of photoreading: relax, tangerine, purpose, affirm...photofocus. that takes all about 5 min. do that for all the material that you're going and forget everything else...regular read/study normal/etc..and that'll be your activation...that way you dont have to spend extraneous time learning the whole process and doing it, and believing it, etc...just do the photoreading part, and think of it as a supplement like sdstudent said. you can ask yourself questions about the material, wat's important to you , etc just as a good study habit (these are technically a part of the activation of photoreading, but you dont need to know that)> so by the time may roles around, you'll know whether it might be beneficial for you to really invest time to learn the course the right

cause if photoreading is doing what they say it's doing, you don't really need to do their activation necessarily, you just need to activate the materially actively in some way (asking questions, etc etc)..so that won't necessarily save you any time, but it might help you decided whether PR is for you or not...if it is, then you can spend a lot more time using it ..which of course will then make you a faster reader in general. but for now, perhaps you shouldnt focus on being a faster reader, etc, but just include PR in your normal activities for evaluation

SDstudent

Why are you getting all upset for? Read your posting about not passing the mcat. You were blaming the system and not yourself. I'm not misserable. I just finish my bachelors in accounting this semester and I'm getting offers from 3 of the top 5 accounting firms in the nation. KPMG,Arthur Anderson, and Price Waterhouse. Perhaps you can help me made up my mind, the are offering me 47,000,44,000,48,000 respectively. If I pass the CPA, I might get a 5,000 increase next year in two of the three. I'm so miserable that I want to kill myself. Lets not start a whole ordeal now. If you were not crying about the mcat, fine, you were not crying.If offend you by my remark, I hope you accept my apology. I don't want to start a thread of 100 postings. I hope you pass your Mcat next time. Good Luck!

I agree....Gian try the regular study/reading as part of the activation process....read my post on it yesterday and Dana's reply...I think it is a great way to test the system. Granted, the time factor
may not be decreased but when your purpose is better grades/comprehension, it should work.

Police, If that works, it could be a difference between an "A" and a "B". I'll try it in the future for my CPA review to see if the recalling of material is improves. If pring can help you at least retain better, I think it'll be worth the time and money. Lets be honest, If one can regular read a book and get a 90 or above, there should be a lot of Summa Cum Laudes out there. The last time I check only .05% of an entire university graduate it with such high honors. So, If pring improves retention after regular reading, it has an "A" in my books. I will even recommend it to the members of the FIU accounting association.

ahdy2000 and Police, Thanks a bunch for the idea. Ahdy, Have you try studying like that?
How was the recalling of facts?

Giancarlo,

If you have many important decisions to make about what offer to take from your several opportunities, then maybe you shouldn't be wasting your time telling us about how Photoreading doesn't work. I think you can serve society better by staying in your office punching numbers. Don't worry about the 100 threads because I don't feel that it is in my interest to pursue this discussion any further. Good Luck.

[Lets be honest, If one can regular read a book and get a 90 or above, there should be a lot of Summa Cum Laudes out there. The last time I check only .05% of an entire university graduate it with such high honors.]

Haha

Let's look at "averages" once we weed out the .....

1. Jocks there on scholarship (that JUST want to play sports)
2. Drug users
3. Alcoholics
4. People there on some gov program that don't want to be there but say "what the heck, it's free."
5. people there because mommy and daddy are paying for it so they don't appreciate it because it's something for nothing.

What are we left with? 5% are left- people that want to be there, are paying for it themselves, appreciate the chance and are working hard to make something of themselves and who probably THRU MAGIC can read and get 90% because they are sincerely interested in doing good on top of the fact that they don't want to have to retake a class because it's expensive.

I wish when they put out statistics they wouldn't use MORONS in there study, it throws the average down. If you want to read something histerical, the next time you're in the bookstore, read the forward of the Guy Finley book "The secret of letting go." It is the most insulting yet true thing I've ever heard about statistics in my life.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved