Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

I got the Memory Optimizer course and I'm not sure if I'm going to use it. I think it's cool and I think it's information that is not available in any other book or course, and I should know because I've read 'em all.

My problem is this: I know I have a partially photographic memory and a very strong auditory memory. The problem is I can't control it at all and I mean NEVER. If I close my eyes and think about something I want to know, I'll see it or hear it, IF I CARE ABOUT IT.

Here's an example: Someone told me on another internet forum that the Russian Military Pullup standard was 18 full range, full extend pullups with a Flack jacket on which was probably 40 lbs or so. I close my eyes and I can actually see the web page that I read that off of. WHY do I remember that and I can't remember my wife's birthday? I mean, I can remember my wife's B-day if I sit and wait for the info long enough but it's as if my head says "Who cares, I'm not getting that info now, however I'm gonna run that scene from HotShots again... "God I love soup, or is it Duck, which one do you shoot?" "Duck Sir..." [He ducks, and hits his head] "Are you OK, Sir?" "Of course I am, Why? What have you heard?"... "I said what is my wife's birthday?!?!" "Later, Here's some Dennis Leary...." "You know what I'm gonna do...."
On and on it goes. I can't do anything about it.

In school I would take tests and just sit and listen to the teachers tell me what they said in class before and I'd just write it down. But if I missed a class and tool someone's notes and repeated that stuff to myself I would be lost.

Dana, Paul, Pete, do you know of any book that covers developing a memory that's already good but just untameable? Thank you.

It seems to me that you have a busy mind. You need to learn to quiet it. Learn to meditate is an excellent way, just sit back and focus on your deep relaxed breaths, concentrate on your breath only! Shouldn't your wifes birthday be one of the most important things to remember. Although i guess to you she could be equally important every day. Is it that memory is strongly connected to emotions?? this seems logical to me. Try stilling the mind and becomming emotive with you what you want to remember.

Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

Been meditating for 11 years. Takes about 15 minutes to quiet it which ain't bad. Once I'm in the day and going it's a free for all.

damnit answer my question

Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

When my wife says "When's my birthday?" I see this huge calendar scrolling down and it stops on Oct 21'st then I say it. But if someone says to me "YOU ASKED FOR IT, YOU GOT IT...." I'll say "TOYOTA" No thinking, no visualization, no nothing.

Can someone tell us about the memory optimizer? A review? How is it different from the peg systems or associations? How can it help us in Photoreading? Thanks.

Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

I've only been thru it once and I can say that it explains tons of things about memory and how it works BUT it does use pegs and associations along with other things. In the same way Photoreading used Speedreading techniques along with other things- this course does the same.

She gives you enough things to do with your mind that you'll never be bored again.

What I thought was interesting was that each time you did something you created another thread of your "web" which explains why someone does Photoreading for a while for 'nothing' and then WHAM, they "get it." If someone quits before they get to that point they're screwed, they get nothing out of it and they end up flaming PR on Amazon.com or something.

There are many parts of this MemOpt that SHOULD have been in Photoreading, it would have helped alot. (Hint, Hint...)

It's worth investigating. I'm not doing cartwheels over it like I was with PR though.

What parts of Memory optimizer can help photoreading? Thanks.

Andy030 Offline OP
OP Offline

Mostly the explainations of how memory works. If they put that in the PR book I think alot of people would go "Oh, so that's why it takes so long." Or "That's why I got that initially boost followed by a period of nothing working."

Since there is a special forum for this I don't think LS wants too much of the cat let out of the bag so I won't say too much but I will say that everyone skipping the TRIGGER WORDS or QUESTIONS step is KILLING their Photoreading results.

Thanks for that last post, it gave me heaps to think about. Is the technique easy to do, can you feel any benifits?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved