Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
FraserB Offline OP
OP Offline

I have just listened to "Personal Genius" for the "Nth" time but today I used a different tape recorder.

When Paul says "If you are listening in stereo, this should be in right ear....." I could hear the same in both ears, also at the end of the tape where he starts talking and the information is sent to each side of your headphones I could hear both sides quite clearly at the same time - obviously because I was listening in Mono.

What difference would this make say for example if this was the first time I had ever listened to the tape - do you really have to listen in stereo ???

Thank you in advance

Fraser

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I don't know what difference it would make, but let me tell you why it happens that way.

In order to have the effect of the voices moving around the head, the voices need to be heard in both ears, to varying degrees. Otherwise the voices would simply be in the left ear or the right ear.

Why do it that way? It is more pleasurable for the listener.

And for those with just hearing in one ear, they can still receive all of the messages.

The tapes are most effective when the left voice goes predominantly into the left ear and the right into the right.

By the way, if you haven't already, read the article "Foundation and Research" in the Paraliminal section of our website at http://www.LearningStrategies.com.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved