Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Del Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello. This is my first post. I’ve read about 50 or so messages since I’ve found this board but I have not seen any of what I’d call real success stories. On the other hand, I have seen quite a few frustrations. Are those people who are successful with Photo Reading simply the quiet majority?

If you have a success story, how about sharing some concrete facts and figures and relating your real life experience with this product?

Del Offline OP
OP Offline

As a side note, I do see a few people here who are giving tips and advice. That is commendable.

I’ve read some of the testimonials on the web site and packaging, and I’ve even seen the infomercial. These, along with my strong desire to increase my reading speed and comprehension compelled me to buy the home study course. I’ve been through it once and am going through it a second time now. I have no success story to relate yet, but hopefully soon.

Yes, I also want to read about success stories. I've been reading posts for the pass two months and not a single story of real success. Has anyone change their reading and comprehension speed using this method?

There are some testimonials/success stories in the photoreading section of the website(not the forum section). You also need to believe in your ability. That is a major part. And playing with the PR system ( not serious work).

I remember once hearing a co-worker having a problem with some new software he was using.

I asked him if he had a manual. He said, yes that he had already checked the manual and could not find anything.

I asked if I could look at it. I went into a relaxed state and Photoread the manual. I stayed around to talk to him about life in general and after 10-15 minutes, I asked if I could look at the manual again.

I quickly superread/dipped and within no word of a lie in about 15 seconds pulled out one sentence in the whole manual that answered his problem!

Lets say he was blown away ... as was I!

It's harder to search for success stories on the forum because once you "get" it, not many people really need help anymore, so they don't come back. The ones that stick around answer questions to help others, but don't really say, "I've got it, now PRing has changed my life!"

PRing is a skill, and just like playing the guitar you never really go, "That's it! I'm now a guitarist!" You just keep practicing and getting better.

If you're really looking for posts to see if it's working, follow a certain person's record of posting instead. The pattern I kind of notice, though haven't double-checked, goes in this order:
1) Does this work? I'm thinking of ordering it but I'm not sure...
2) I got it, having a little trouble...can someone give me tips or better explain:
-the blip page
-photofocus
-skittering
-the tangerine method
or something to that effect.
3) I'm starting to get it, but I'm having trouble with such and such part of it.
4) The dreaded: "Is the photoreading step necessary?" question
5) From here it either goes into frustration, or slow understanding and the development of harder questions referring to things like:
-brainwaves
-photoflipping (not hard, but a sign someone has already gotten the system down)

I have lots of success stories of the time PRing saved me on my Philosophy midterm, or just let me survive my laziness in my novel classes.

Yes, the system works. So much so, that people who learn it stick around to help other people experience it.

As a sidenote, there's lots of people here I admire for sticking around so long to answer questions, and I can't name you all, so I will only observe a moment of silence for our departed brother Andy, who is in good health, but has embarked on a dangerous book publishing journey.

Salut.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Well I guess this would be a success story for me. I used PR study techniques for my PreCal I final and I scored a 97 and I was the third one done after about 1 hr. Out of the alotted 3hrs. But I took about 20 mins just to check everything so technically about half the time, but still that's pretty good for my first precal course .

I can also see the structure of books better now. Like topics, introductions, conclusions...things like that. Because I'm not so worried about reading time that I take the time to notice the structure which helps tremendously for comprehension. My writing on the other hand could use some work . Direct Learning??

-Will

www.not5150.com has my review of the system and how I got it to work

Del Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for the good responses so far. Anything worth doing in life is worth doing poorly at first. I’m a 3rd degree black belt so I know the reward of working steadily and patiently towards a goal, and then achieving it. There is a lot of garbage out there when it comes to self improvement, and the photo reading claims (~25,000 wpm) seem quite exaggerated. Granted, you have to qualify the claim by saying, “Yes, you can photo read at ~25,000 wpm, but in order to achieve comprehension you have to do a bunch of other stuff that adds quite a bit more time to the whole process.” The advertising makes it sound a whole lot simpler and easier than it really is. But if people are getting great results then it is still worth working at.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved