Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2131 11/06/00 10:04 PM
OP Offline

Has anyone had experience with the personal magnetism tape?

#2132 11/07/00 01:15 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Here's my favorite story:

A guy in his early thirties was riding down an escalator in the downtown Minneapolis Dayton's store with two younger women in front of him.

On the floor below a man about his age was playing the piano (ambiance, you know). He looked up to the women a smiled, which melted the women.

Our guy thought of the piano players smile the rest of the day because people had complained that he never smiled. He said that he always felt pretty good inside, but it seldom showed on his face.

Later that afternoon he noticed his Instantaneous Personal Magnetism tape on his bedroom dresser and thought of the piano player. He listened to the tape.

Later still that day he caught himself smiling, without having had thought of something amusing.

Over the course of the next couple of months he would listen to the tape whenever he saw a smiler and gradually he began smiling. More and more.

He called me with his story a couple of days after the first incidence and again a few years later. He said that no one had told him to smile in a long time, that he had become a smiler.

My second favorite story involved a college kid who got his first date after using the tape!

#2133 11/07/00 05:51 PM
OP Offline

I think the story about the college kid is nice, but wouldn't New Behavior Generator be more apt for out smiling friend?

#2134 11/07/00 10:34 PM
OP Offline

I was wondering how I can use paraliminals, including PM, for diction and voice appeal, and to increase my ability for spontaneous humour.

How about using paraliminals to model TV and movie stars / hosts, like comedians?

#2135 11/08/00 03:38 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

There are many ways to get to Chicago, so yes, the New Behavior Generator would have been good. But he was more drawn to the way the guy's smile charmed the womend.

<<I was wondering how I can use paraliminals, including PM, for diction and voice appeal, and to increase my ability for spontaneous humour.>>

A number of tapes could work. New Behavior Generator to acquire behaviors, Anxiety-Free to project strength, Belief for belief in your own ability, Prosperity, New Option Generator, and Instantaneous Personal Magnetism. There is no "right" way. Play with them and see which combination works best for you.

As far as modeling comedians, TV people, etc? Absolutely. Use Instantaneous Personal Magnetism or New Behavior Generator. It is best to use the tape within a couple hours of seeing someone, whether in person or on the big screen.

#2136 12/24/00 08:50 AM
OP Offline

Pete,

The quote below is from the New Behavior Generator on your website:

"...One guy bought the tape for one use and then put it in his dresser drawer. A few weeks later he was riding the escalator in a department store when another guy flashed a smile to two girls in front of him. They melted. He wished he could smile like that.

That evening while preparing for bed, he noticed the tape and wondered if he could use it for smiling. He tried it, and sure enough, in a couple days he was smiling nonstop.

Within a few days, his smiling "wore off" so he listened again. After several listenings over the course of a few months he found himself smiling all of the time..."

#2137 12/26/00 07:07 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

You're absolutely right. It was the New Behavior Generator.

When I read the initial post I immediately pictured the guy on the escalator... Sorry about that.

I've heard several smiling stories from people using Instantaneous Personal Magnetism. Of the ones that come to mind now, smiling was a byproduct of listening to the tape, whereas in the above example the guy listened to the New Behavior Generator specifically for smiling.

#2138 12/27/00 10:38 PM

I personally find it hard to make myself aware of role-models for both the IPM and New Behaviour tapes. I wish that I could just think of a value, behaviour or characteristic that I wanted without finding or thinking of a role-model. I believe the ideals that we want to install as part of ourselves are hard to find in concentrated forms. But then maybe it's just my awareness of possibilities that needs to increase.

Does anybody know how to multiply awareness of the possibilities for improvement ie if I saw a movie, behaviours and positive charm would "shine"x 1000000 from the characters so that I could use them in the tape sessions. I feel I'm really blind to the possibilities.

#2139 12/28/00 03:11 AM

Grant,
I have the same dilemma as you when it comes to role modelsl. I have never been able to use the B side of the New Behaviour tape. It just doesn't feel right to use myself in lieu of not having a role model. My life seems to have been devoid of the kind of role models i presently seek.

quote:
Originally posted by Grant:
I personally find it hard to make myself aware of role-models for both the IPM and New Behaviour tapes.

#2140 12/28/00 11:55 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

For Instantaneous Personal Magnetism, use someone you see on TV or in the movies. That's typically the easiest place to find models. But, keep your eyes open for people in stores, on the streets, at schools, any where. Listen to the tape within two hours of when you see someone who is particularly magnetic.

As far as the New Behavior Generator: people tend to get better results when you use a model outside of yourself. The tape is set up so you try on the behavior to see how they fit. Some people find it challenging to find that perfect model, so the tape allows you to try on the behavior before keeping it as your own.

Using yourself can be effective when you've sincerely demonstrated all or part of the behavior yourself in the past.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved