Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#25684 01/10/02 04:31 PM
OP Offline

1)I am little confused about photofocus. The course and book state that while you are in photofocus, you will not hard focus in on the words but you will see a clarity to them. Can someone explain this clarity? Are these words suppose to jump out at you like in a stereogram? When I photofocus, the words are blurry but I am able to keep the two pages in my field while seeing the blip page. I feel that I have soft eyes and that I am not straining them too much.

2) Also, some interesting happens to me in photofocus. If I look beyond the book towards my feet, I will see the blip page but the words are also very clear (meaning I can read them off.) However, when I look about 3-6 inches from the top of the book, the words are blurry and I also see the blip page. I am I doing it right? Which method should I use? Thanks in advance.

I justed started looking at stereograms. If you search Google for "stereograms" and then your can practice on those. I just pretend that whatever book I'm PRing is a stereogram. Just took a few hours to break the habit of cross-eyed PRing. And after you get into a rythm the words do become clearer. Which I kinda don't like cause it tempts me to read them so I always PR upside down and backwards. Hope that helps.

-Will

Stereograms are great to work with - once you get the hang of seeing them, photo focusing is a snap!

You can find some here. Under "3D Images" part way down on the left. http://eyetricks.com/

Ann

OP Offline

So in photofocus, one can read the print if you want? I can see the blip just fine and stereograms are a snap, but I am not sure what I should be observing with the print. Is it okay for the print to be blurry?

Yup. The print should be all blurry. After you PhotoRead and activate several books, the text will begin to get more and more clear.

Do not put hard focus on any word, sentence, or paragraph while flipping. Keep a soft gaze for all the printed text as "one chunk" of information. Imagine the transparent X from corner-to-corner to keep the left and right hemispheres of your brain connected. Use the closing affirmations from page 51 after you close the book.

Del Offline

If a person can't see stereograms, will they still be able to photo read?

Yes you will be able to PR. Sterograms are just a way that I trained my eyes for PhotoFocus. Try to see you reflection in the monitor. Once you get the first couple you don't even need to see your reflection.

-Will

Dana,

When you say "the text will begin to get more and more clear." do you mean you understanding or you would see the text more clearly? If you start to see the text more clearly does it mean your conscious mind is also "seeing" taking you out of the accelerated learning state?

Thanks

Will Ho

OP Offline

That's one of my questions as well. What do you think Dana or Pete? Thanks in advance.

The text will appear more and more clear.

Remember, while you are flipping those pages in step 3, your conscious mind is not processing any of it.

The activation techniques build conscious learning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved