Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I ordered the course about 1 and a 1/2 months ago and am up to tape 2 right now. Okay, obviously one needs to relaxed before the photoreading stage. This is where I have my biggest problem. I CANNOT relax, no matter what. I am a very anxious person. The more Paul (on the tape) tells me to relax the more tense I get because I consciously know I HAVE TO RELAX or else it won't work. I am very disappointed right now (by the way I'm 18, just out of high school, had to use my scholarship money to buy the PR system, and my parents are awfully skeptical and wishing I would send back the program for a refund). I believe photoreading will work for me, if only I could relax. However that itself is my stumbling block. I have only up to February 8 to give Photoreading a chance, and I have school coming up, which will limit my time even further because of the numerous amount of studying (am currently taking a Human Anatomy and Physiology class, which at least takes up about 3-4 hours each day). I'm afraid if I don't lose my anxiety I will never be able to use photoreading. Can anyone help me, please?

Don't think about relaxing so much. That's like when somebody thinks they have to goto sleep. You get all worried about going to sleep then you don't goto sleep. Just pretend your somewhere that you like the most. And create that place in your mind. I picture myself on a grassy hill with all the sounds of the leaves blowing in tree's and watching clouds change shape 'n stuff. But that's just a reference you don't have to use that if you don't want to. Or if you like it you can. Just don't concentrate on relaxing and it will come. You might want to try the Deep Relaxation paraliminal tape from them too. I'm getting early next week and I will let you know how I think it is. I really like the memory supercharger try that too. Well I will keep in touch maybe a bigger brain than I can help you more .

-Will

[This message has been edited by Will2002 (edited January 11, 2002).]

Anxiety is a completely normal emotion to feel when one learns anything new for the first time.

I remember in the beginning questioning myself as to 'Will I ever master this?' 'This seems like so much to know and remember' ... take is SLOW. Practice often and remember, Time is your ally!

Revisit the tape's again ... you'll be amazed at how much more you pickup the second time round. This is a great confidence booster as it helps to allievate the every questioning mind. Since you're on tape two ... keep forging ahead.

Here's something you can try. If you find yourself unable to relax ... try exercising (running, jogging or anything aerobic 10-20 minutes) if your health permits, shower, drink PLENTY of water and try your PR session.

Your should also know that when you tilt your head down, the body has a tendancy to automatically want to relax.

Relaxation caused by anxiety will subside in time once you learn to use and trust the system.

Just go through the entire course and don't worry about relaxing. Tell yourself it's just a practice run, and you can go over the course again more seriously.

OP Offline

Wow =) I'll really try to take your suggestions. Thanks so much, guys!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved