Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi All!

I have been reading this forum for several weeks now and consider trying photoreading, but I have doubts about my abilities to succeed with this course.

I am a person of very average abilities (maybe even below average). My regular reading speed is 10-15 pages/hour for a technical text (it is probably higher – around 20 pages per hour -- for pleasure reading). I frequently have to re-read information several times before it finally sinks in. I also easily forget what I read, if I don’t use the information on a daily basis. Sometimes when I read, my mind wonders off and I find myself thinking of something else.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not looking for a shoulder to cry on, in fact there is one thing I pride myself on – it’s my strong work ethic. I have been able to be reasonably successful in what I do (IT), by acknowledging my flaws and compensating for them with long hours of reading and self-studying, but I would certainly like to reduce those long hours and improve my comprehension.

Any feedback from those very and not very talented is really appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

[This message has been edited by mishaluba (edited January 13, 2002).]

Don't get down on yourself so much . Anybody can PR. Just set your mind to it. The only reason you won't succeed is that you don't want to succeed . So just give it your best and have fun with it. Try not to think of it as a job to do. And you should do just fine.

-Will

P.S. All the best and God bless!

Hi mishaluba,

Before I learned to PR, my reading skills were actually worse than yours. If you can read, you can learn PRing. Give it a go and play with it. It can help you change your life dramatically given a little time.

The people at LSC are very helpful as are the people in this forum. If you have trouble with learning the skills of PRing you have 5 options: Study this forum, ask questions in this forum, talk with a coach at LSC, attend a live seminar, give up and live the rest of your life in the same mediocrity that is prevelent in most of the population of the USA.

Good luck,
Gregory

Like in the nike commercial, "JUST DO IT!!!!"

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved