Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I have just visited youre website and concertning the weight loss wow now i know what i been doing wrong i been watching my carbs while watching richard simmons whod of thouhgt that a det and excercize would make you lose weight my gosh this is a breakthrough man im going to the gym promptly tommorrow.. and no more oatmeal creme pies for me no siree im gonn lose weight and keep it off for good the razor way mayey when im done ill have the body of scott hall(razor ramon) well not likely but oh well great website laughed alot

P.s. sorry if you get the tone of insult or sarcastic i am just applauding you on it it is amzing how many people become millionaires out of selling some stupid thing to make you thin out and i now personally that some people are real desperate and will do anything but comne on now people actually expect us to believe tht those electric curent things like ab flex really work... however back in ww2 or 1 i think 2 the russioans used something similar called russian stem treatment or something like that and the theory actually works but not enough power in such a small thing to fit around the waist will do it well im gonna end it here bye

I Wana Be an Air Force Pilot,
I wanna fly an F-16,
I wanna fly with the canopy open
Just to hear those commies SCREAM

*grinning ear to ear*

It's amazing that you already knew what I thought about those electric ab inducers. God, I hate yuppies who take a 9-volt battery and a 30 minute sitcom and think they're getting the workout of their life. It drives me bonkers. "I just got the abtronic, and I'm gonna get a six-pack without doing a single pushup." GRRRR....

Definately, though - I think that the key to weight loss is will power. If someone can't diet and exercise, he doesn't have self-control, and can't accomplish either. Infomercials play off of this, KNOWING that the average Joe Schmoe suffers from hundreds of addictions (caffeine, cigarettes, routines, tv, overeating) and instead of telling them to overcome their addictions, feeds off of it saying, "You too can eat this TUB OF LARD and 35 lbs of butter, but as long as you don't eat this WHEAT BREAD you'll lose all the weight you want!" It makes me friggen' sick. If she can't do a lap, she officially doesn't have the will power to change, and so she will have the same body she's always had, because she's too addicted to her routines to change.

Literally think about every infomercial, and you'll see they play off of our laziness and resistance to change:

1) Chitin (Fat Assassin) - Shove all the crap you want in your face, but if you take this pill, all of the fat won't be digested. Sacrifice nothing, lose weight fast and easy!
2) AbTronic - Watch TV, go to work, go shopping, do what you've always done, and the AbTronic will burn the weight for you.
3) 8 minute abs - Don't sacrifice hours upon hours of your time! In only 8 minutes a day, you can get washboard abs!
4) Atkins diet - Eat fat, lose weight.

We're always looking for the product that does it for us. "The Patch" is such a symbol of our mentality, we'll just cover this up the easy way, and it'll be just as good. Get your nicotine without the tar, get the body without the exercise, earn thousands of dollars just sitting at home: this is how scams victimize people - by playing off their insecurity to change (ironically, what they're promised is a change, only it's the benefits with none of the side effects.)

This is why I have respect for infomercials that at least sell exercise equipment - because at least they give you the intention that you have to actually use the darn thing to get healthy. That's why I also support photoreading, because it takes effort; it's not a gimmick, it's not a pill to make you smarter, it's a technique a mental exercise that takes willpower and the effort to change.

Thanks for visiting the website =) I'm glad you liked it, and yes, I hope someday I'll have the body of Anthony Hall (RaZoR RaMoN).

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com ("That's right folks, my pig doesn't eat much, cleans itself, and flies upon command! It's not $200, but 5 easy payments of 49.99! Order NOW!")

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved