Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I Finally have activated something i just started my classes 2 weeks ago and am photoreading my geology book pros and cons of it
Pro;
I know everything the teacher is teaching in class while she says it so it is like a follow up pretty much and is further isitlled in my brain
Con; everyone is getting annoyed wit hme answering all the questions i can help it im so excited that i know what shes talking about
of course i give the students time to answer to i think im the only one that actully reads the text Another Pro;
Since eeryone notices i know what im talking about all the girls want to be my lab partner
Thanks photoreading lol

but in all seriousness however here is how it worked for me please those of you more experienced let me know if it was sheer luck or i am actually doing it properly

blip page :concerning the blip page i found i put way to much personal emphasis on it so i just began from the back of the book to the front of the book (to resist temptation to stop and read) and i just envisioned the x and eventually after a while i suppose my eyes became more relaxed because i say and kept the blip page i also took a few second to just breathe in between chapters
Music: I listened to music (classical the whole photofocus session i found that i concentrated better while distractions were going on so i got further and further into the state (thanks NOT5150)
Affirmations: i made sure to do this and when i missed oddly enough it just didnt seem like i had as good a grasp of what i had photo read
Before i would begin i would listen to personal genious (great paraliminal)
I am curious to try if i can get feedback from any during wait time after photofocus and right before beggining activation to listen to memory optimizer ir any other suggestions
i really cant describe what i did as far as super reading or dipping or any of it i just sort of did the tangerine and made consistent passes over each passage in the chapter i would go down the whole page just letting my eyes go from side to side at a fast but not to fast speed

I wasnt sold on it actually until class when i answered everything it was odd it was like can anyone tell me what the rock cycle ? and it just bubbled into my head and my hand shot up with extreme excitement
and i was right.. now i will tell you i have not taken geology since 5th grade and i am quite certain i di not retain any of that since then

well i am sorry for the long long post but i hope i have helped and if i was just lucky that it worked for me for those of you more experienced out there please tell me and give me criticism. now i am having a very difficult time however geting my proggamming book to activate and since im majoring in computer science i have decided to use the time i save photo reading for my other classed and devote it to reading normal my computer scienc book because even regular reading i have to make many passes before i even understand the sentence and i do have a decent knowledge of computer well im gonna end it here because it is late so i hope everyone enjoyed it

Im a f-16 baby just a rolling down the line,
Im a f-16 baby just a rolling down the line
So you better get outta my way now
Or ill roll right over you

~F-16 Pilot Wannabe~

[This message has been edited by Wanna fly an F-16 (edited January 28, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Wanna fly an F-16 (edited January 28, 2002).]

I've found also that listening to the Personal Genius right before PR is really effective. I would highly recommend it.

-Will

OP Offline

Yeagh i also use the dream play when i sleep and when paul is telling you to do the dream thing like think of a problem you want to solve i think about activating everything i learned im not sure if it helps or not but it didnt seem to come in clear to me till i gave it an honest try

Thanks for posting this, it's always encouraging to see the success people have.

There are many who struggle but it seems you are 'flying' above it all and have really grasped it!

Congrats!

Tracey

Good to hear about your success. Let us know how you do during finals.

[This message has been edited by Kaiden (edited January 30, 2002).]

Wow, I got INSTANT success with the dictionary game, but it was a bit jumbled. I thought of two and a half words, and they were reverses of themselves. I thought of the word "Gorilla," and it popped up right where my right thumb should have been, and also on the very top corner of the right page. As I listened to the tape, the word decided to move to the place where my left thumb was, about half way down. Turns out it was directly between my thumb and index finger on the left.

Ok, the weird part is the word "Fox" forced its way into my mind directly after my conscious mind choose "Gorilla." I didn't know if I was thinking of the word "Fox" by itself (my last name), or the word "Foxtrot" (the military phonetics for "F"). Strangely enough, Fox was exactly where I thought Gorilla should be, and Foxtrot was -exactly- in the upper right hand corner... it was one of the words used to figure out what things were.

In summation, I thought of three words and three positions, I was off on the one my conscious mind choose, but the position matched the words my other-than-conscious mind latched onto.

I noticed that I choose words with pictures, although I did not see any pictures with anything like "hard focus" except for a giraffe. My eyes defocus quite easily (same glasses since 1996), but giraffes are hard not to notice, because they look so strange.

If anything, this proves to me I have the ability to remember things not actively focused on, and that is the foundation of photoreading. I look forward to more tangible successes.

{ps}, I tried it with a word I knew didn't have a picture, Grenade. I got the correct page (right), the correct hemesphere (top), but the wrong column and I was about three definitions two low as to where I thought it was, but for the first day I think that's pretty convincing proof of /potential/.

I'm going to keep at the dictionary to help improve my spelling. You can thank me in advance.

[This message has been edited by Kaiden (edited January 31, 2002).]

Hehe, "foxtrot" was one of the words that popped in my head, too. =)

In fact, here's an interesting "poll": What words popped up in your dictionary game?

The only ones I remember were foxtrot, ballast, and cat, but I don't think cat was in there. I can't remember =(

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved