Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26019 01/29/02 02:36 AM
Dan Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi everyone

I got the pr course about 2 weeks ago and have a few questions

1-when I first looked at the sterogram on page 42 it looked like I was looking into a cave , but I could see the letters in Photo Read very well ... now when I look at it the picture seems to be about 8 inches out of the book (3D) but I can not read the letters.

which way was right?

2 I think I am crossing my eyes when I am in the photofocus state, but my eyes are not sore and I do not seem to be straining them.

anyway to either fix this or tell if I am crossing my eyes?

thank you

#26020 01/29/02 05:36 PM

Hi Dan,

As far as your first question goes, it's tricky:

If you saw the letters in Photoread clearly, then you did it right. When it came out further, then it could be one of two things:
1) You crossed your eyes
2) You diverged them correctly, but when too far to let the picture work.

The second one is easier to explain when you look at something like a shopping cart (I did this as a kid, and someone brought it up recently) or through a chain-link fence. If you diverge it, the two links side by side will make one, and it will pop out. But if you can go further, you'll get links that are a link apart to make one, and it'll be closer. Here's a pic:

Now, it won't really change colors (blue + red = purple) I just did that so you can see which ones are merging.

How does this apply? Well, in a stereogram, this will destroy the image, and you won't see anything, EVEN THOUGH you're doing it right, just too far.

In Photoreading, they say keep about an inch, though I just go further and make a huge blip page sometimes. The real point is to make the viewing area larger, and it also helps to make you not read the words consciously.

You said you're not sure if you're crossing your eyes. This is where both tests come together.

A stereogram, if properly viewed, means you're diverging, which is correct; but if you diverge too far, you won't see the image and will be confused.

A blip page will tell your eyes have diverged a lot, but it won't tell you if you're actually just crossing your eyes. See what I'm saying.

I know this may be a little confusing for an explanation. Let me know if it is, and I'll try to reword it.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com ("I'll be looking at the moon, and I'll be seeing youuuuu" - the song of photofocusers)

#26021 01/29/02 07:05 PM

Do you have to be able to cross your eyes slightly / view stereograms in order to PhotoRead?

I've never been able to view stereographic images no matter how much practice I've put into it.

#26022 01/29/02 07:25 PM

Well, first remember it's not crossing your eyes, which is convergence. This is divergence, and only a little is necessary (same amount used for Magic Eye pictures).

Second, well, you don't HAVE to be able to, but it helps a lot. Some people can't get the blip page, and use the soft focus "X" method instead, but in my opinion it's just not as good. It's the only possible one, however, for people who are blind in one eye. I hate saying you can get away without it, since it may encourage people to settle for the "X" method, but no, you don't need it if you absolutely can't get it.

It's really not hard to get, though...have you tried the floating sausage? Did that work?

-Ramon

#26023 01/29/02 11:38 PM

Hi, Everybody!

I have only been playing with PR for a few days, but would like to echo what Loominus said. I can't see the words on the stereographic image either. It does become 3-D if I hold it against my nose and then move the picture away from me, I can also see 3 dots on top of the picture, but no words show up.

I can see 3-rd finger effect with no problems. I can also see the blip page , but only when I look above the top of the book. The moment I move the page into my field of vision, it disappears. I haven't been practicing for very long though…

How long does it take someone to get the blip page to stay? Are there any other tricks, tips or exercises to develop divergent vision?

Thank you!

#26024 01/30/02 06:46 AM

Just a thought - I figure I should ask because my left-eye is all-but-useless.

It seems that "photofocus" is so you can use both eyes to see the entire book at once, right? How about telling the dominant eye that it's job is to photograph clear words for the conscious mind to use later, and the other eye that it's job is to get the general theme, message, plot, etc. of the material being read, and praise the eye for it's ability to go directly to the unconscious?

I'm still waiting for my course to arrive, but I do know something about talking to body-parts from reading Bandler's books. As long as both eyes can take in both pages, it shouldn't be too hard to re-define the roles to make both eyes useful.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved