Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26109 02/01/02 02:28 AM
OP Offline

[This message has been edited by Harvison_James (edited February 02, 2002).]

I just downloaded the software from MindJet.com.

MindManager Standard edition (21 day trial) and MindManager Mobile edition for Palm OS (21 day trial).

So far they look really awesome and would make mind mapping so much easier for me! I'm far more comfortable with a mouse & keyboard than a marker & paper *G*

I'll post my results after I try making an actual mind map ..

Mindjet also has a much cheaper but limited version of the software called MindManager Smart. It is focused at students and educators and costs only $29USD.

Ygnius has a nice looking mind mapping program that produces more professional looking mind maps and interfaces with all the MS Office products (including Project). It is business focused and runs $145USD. http://www.ygnius.com

Axon2002 is called an "Idea Processor" and handles all sorts of different visual mapping functionality. It is not as intuitive to use for mind mapping. http://web.singnet.com.sg/~axon2000/index.htm

Visio can do mind maps but it is also much less intuitive than the mind mapping programs.

[This message has been edited by mgrego2 (edited February 04, 2002).]

mgrego,

do you use any of them, or just tried them?

I realized tonight how much I've disliked MM's in the past but how much they could actually help me. Especially with my work related tasks, it's difficult to get my projects started because I don't often know where the begining is.

I purchased Mind Manager Smart and I do use it. It is easy to use and pretty intuitive. I wish the mind maps looked less childish and I would like the ability to draw links between two branches or to add text without a branch. Other than that, it's a nice program.

Some day, I'll get around to trying Ygnius. The ability to export a mind map to Microsoft Project is appealing.

A couple of interesting books on getting started with projects (that aren't "project management" books) are:

To Do...Doing...Done by Joyce Wycoff

Rapid Problem Solving with Post-It Notes by David Straker

Getting Things Done by David Allen

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved