Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26153 02/01/02 12:33 PM
Terry C Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello,

I am assuming you do not have the PR course if you do then those that do not will benefit from this post as well.

I checked the program out at our public library before I ordered the PR program.

It only teaches speed reading focusing on line by line, double line, paragraph reading.
Berg's course is good for speed reading forcing your eyes to move faster and faster using your hand and fingers as a prod. Actually it is a good program but PR is the next advanced leap forward to Howards course.

Photo Reading actualy is more advanced than Berg's course. After using both programs I compare the two like elementary school and college.

Both systems are designed to improve reading speed and they do. With Bergs course it is like using a magnifying glass focusing on a small aspect of the text while forcing yourself to go faster and faster to get the entire picture sooner.

With Photo Reading you start with a wide angle lenz getting the entire picture at once, then focusing in to the specific areas you want. With this approach it is actually faster and more effecient.

Both courses go into skimming, preparing, getting overview of text. Howard does slightly touch on the subconcious or other concious mind but only to mention it exists and that it will have an effect in helping you read faster as you continually increase your speed.

Basically the idea with both systems is to ideally allow your concious mind to be set aside and to allow your subconcious to absorb the information at a higher rate of speed and to re-train your mind to be more efficient with absorbing information.

Isn't that what Paul and Learning Strategies starts you off from the get go doing instead of eventually building you upto it?

Both systems are good for increasing reading speed, PR does NOT teach how to use your hand to guide your eye across the page instead teaches how to use your mind to absorb entire pages to your subconsious at once. Using both parts concious and subconsious as a team and also the right and left parts of your brain to create a WHOLE MIND system for learning.

Super reading in the PR system is the same and actually the fastest form of Speed Reading in Howards course, you get the same speeds and it is great as that with PR methods you do NOT use your hand to slow you down.

Photo Reading has taken ALL the best aspects of speed reading and incorporated it into the PR course. You will NOT loose anything and will actually find after using the PR system and then trying another system such as Howard's that it actually will slow you down.

It comes down to motivation and why you want to increase your learning rate. If the WHY is great enough to start a burn inside you that motivates you to do what it takes to learn a system such as Photo Reading then absolutly go for it.

I tried my best to compare the two systems from my own perspective using both systems.

In my opinon as you are asking for them is that just speed reading while it does allow you to go through written material faster falls short.

Speed systems fall short in that they do not teach how to use your whole mind and are not a natural way to learn which does causes stress. I noticed this with Howards course though did not know it was not normal to experience stress while reading/learning.

The idea with regualr speed reading is to force your self to go faster and faster to raise that bar higher and higher until when you stop and go back to a slower state which is less stressful also has the added benefit of being faster than "normal" reading. You must keep using your skills or the bar resets itself to your normal reading speed.

I hope I have helped, I am not bashing other systems at all and Howards is a very good speed reading program. It just seems to me that they eventually build your skills upto the point where Photo Reading starts you training at without the stress accompanied with older systems.

After all brain develop and learning systems have improved considerably since the older forms of learning and reading systems. Why not take advantage of this and go for the advanced training.

Yes it does take time and effort to learn any new system especially something as different as Photo Reading. You will find though that just improving speed is not as important as the added effects that Photo Reading will bring to you and your life.

Use the Paraliminals if you do not have any buy some and use them in conjunction with the Photo Reading system.

Suggested are:

Pesonal Genuis
Get Around To It
New Behavior Generator
Memory Super Charger

Those are the core of the paraliminals..

It all comes down to doing, JUST DO IT!
That is the only way to know for yourself.

To your Success!

Terry

#26154 02/01/02 12:35 PM
Terry C Offline OP
OP Offline

For some reason the above did NOT post in the Mega Speed Reading thread. That is what I was replying to, not sure why it did not post there.

Sorry for any confusion..

Terry

#26155 02/01/02 03:16 PM

Man thanks ... I just logged on to this for the first time but I have been struggling over whether to get the PR program. I wanted honest feedback on it. So it helped, and the program is on its way.
Jason

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved