Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

What have others found successful to get into ideal state quickly. Pete B. says it takes a few seconds. What have others found to be useful?

When you do the "3-2-1" relaxation process at the beginning of step 3, imagine each relaxation step occuring much much quicker.

In time, you can enter the accelerated learning state within one full breath of air.

Paul, Pete or Dana had mentioned this somewhere along this line and it really really stuck with me when it came to the ideal state ... the Photofocus is important but it is the state of the eyes. If the state of the eyes are relaxed, the body follows suit.

That statement or something to that effect really moved me!

What works well for me, too, is rolling my eyes to the top of my (while my eyes are shut) and pretending to look at the ceiling through the top of my skull.

It brings you into alpha state, but I find it pleasurable for the ideal state, too...makes me more focused, less stressed out.

-Ramon

razordu30,
When I tried to look through the top of my skull with my eyes closed, theres strain on my eyes and it hurts after a few seconds. Is this natural?

Eagerchild - you're pushing too hard. Just roll the eyes up gently, don't try to force your eyes to "look" through the top of your head. Pain will stop the relaxation process -

The more you use the 3-2-1 exercise the quicker it becomes to complete. The mind learns very quickly! Consistency is the key.

Ann

rolling your eyes into the top of your head is very very bad for your eyes and puts unquestionable strain on them and is NOT recommended that nayone do this. nYOu will need glasses!

One quite effective method is to use a relaxation anchor. Do like this: get really relaxed (you might want to lie down). Get to a state where you feel really comfortable and at peace, then you anchor that state = create some kind of signal for you body to remember. An example of anchoring: gently press your left thumb using your right thumb and right index finger. Obviously, the more you repeat this process the more effect it will have.

Then when you want to get into the ideal state you just take a deep breath in, hold it a few moments and as you slowly exhale you gently press your anchor. If you practice this it will almost work as a light switch; both the deep breath and the pressing of the thumb will signal to your body "ok, it's time to get as relaxed as I was at that time when I felt really calm and at peace". Your body remembers what it felt like.

This doesn't just apply to relaxation; you can anchor just about anything. Anchoring a very pleasurable, happy, euphoric event might prove very useful. Say you feel sad, then just trigger your happy anchor and you might just experience a complete change of state!

lespaulsarecool you wrote:

"rolling your eyes into the top of your head is very very bad for your eyes and puts unquestionable strain on them and is NOT recommended that nayone do this. nYOu will need glasses!"

Could you please validate this? What kind of proof do you have for this statement?

Rolling your eyes and concentrating on the pineal gland (an area of approx. 6x9 mm located approx. between your eyebrows) aka. Agnya chakra aka. "the 3rd eye" is an excercise that yogis have been doing for a (very?) long time. This excercise is believed to open up the door to your subconcious mind (ultimately the superconscious mind perhaps?), as yogis use it to reach enlightment.

I believe it's quite commonly used with different relaxation techniques as the rolling of your eyeballs produce alpha waves. If it would be dangerous I hardly believe that organizations as Silva would promote it.

John

[This message has been edited by zeus (edited February 21, 2002).]

John,

I think Les's referring to the same source of eye info that says if you go cross-eyed and someone hits your back, you'll face will stay that way, and that masturbation will make you go blind. I have no clue what he's talking about, and yes, this technique is pretty old.

eager,
Sorry, should have specified. Don't go to the point of pain. I was explaining (poorly) the visualization behind it, and screwed up the wording so it sounded like your eyes should be looking straight up. Like Ann, said, just gently roll them up with your eyes closed and breath deep relaxing breaths.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Now my input, seeing that I informed razordu30 of that technique a long time ago.
It's better if you look up towards the ceiling, with your eyes open, then slowly close your eyes. No muscular eye strain for the skeptics.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved