Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26489 02/20/02 01:00 AM
OP Offline

After reading, doing a lot of research, and doing my own little compare/contrast charts in my head, I've come up with a lot of similarities to Jedi from the StarWars films, to PhotoReaders, but more along the lines of those who study Qigong, and especially all this talk about telekenisis.

The Jedi believe in patience. Even on the pages for Qigong on this very website, it mentions that you are likely to be a more patient person. Jedi use the Force to guide them, following their instincts, hints and grudges. (Spontanteous activation, or activation in general. . .?)

Chi, or Qi, is kind of like the Force. In fact, maybe it could be. =D Also, the Jedi choose to also follow their dreams, and take them into heavy consideration. This not mentioned in ANY of the movies, I don't believe, but is mentioned all throughout books, novels, and comics such as Jedi Apprentice, or Dark Empire. (Using dreams as an activation technique.)

Not only that, but the Jedi are known throughout the StarWars universe by the fictional people there in, to do things that sound impossible, but yet they do it. If you put a quarter in a jar for how many people are skeptical of PhotoReading, and then gives those quarters to LSC, they'd have enough money to retire for 50 lifetimes or more. The Jedi are the same way throughout the SW universe.

"You must feel it flowing through you."-Obiwan Kenobi. Hrm. . .he's talking about the force. Kinda also sounds like the chi that needs to be flowing through you.

So, if the Jedi can do nearly all of the things mentioned here, do they PhotoRead?

Kind of makes you wonder.

-youngprer

***The Jedi, their lifestyle and culture in the StarWars universe has also been compared to Christians, ANOTHER interesting subject to explore.***

#26490 02/20/02 01:29 AM

Yup, this is exactly why when Phantom Menace came out, people like me had a stunned look on our face the second the word "midochlorians" was mentioned.

Way to kill the zen, Lucas. =(

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

#26491 02/20/02 02:12 PM
OP Offline

Midochlorians are just there for Lucas to add in a little bit of science, not so much spiritual element to the Force. It's a way to geneticize the whole thing, but really nothing more.

Besides, that's in their galaxy, perhaps they need that. However, I believe on this board we ARE Jedi Knights, and the Force is strong with us. ^_^

#26492 02/20/02 05:15 PM

The Jedi Have been compared to Christians... I like that comparison. Too many of us who are in Christ spend too much time exploring all the things that are wrong with each other instead of pursuing excellence and focusing on our commision. Photoreading, and some of the other things propagated through learning strategies can be of great aid to the purposes of the Kingdom. Too bad many Christians are too busy fighting, while the dark side spreads its message of hate throughout the world.

I am a Jedi, Like my father before me...

Godchild

#26493 02/27/02 06:17 AM

I thought the Midoclorians were supposed to be the Star Wars term for Mitocondria, the organalls within the cell that perform the function of producing energy, and the only part of the cell outside the nucleus to have DNA.

It sort of makes sense, when put that way.

#26494 02/27/02 02:17 PM
OP Offline

Kaiden is right.

#26495 02/27/02 08:34 PM

My hatred of mitochlorians stems a lot from Hollywoods new trend in trying to explain scientific details when:

a) it would function better without it
b) it serves no purpose

Movies don't need explanations all the time. For example, Groundhog Day was an incredible movie (one of best comedies ever, IMHO) but they never say why the day keeps repeating. It's left up to interpretation.

With the force, it was possibly the greatest concept in the movie, with so many levels of interpretation of telekinesis, eastern religion, a whole allegory of Moses and the seas in reference to the power of God, hell, I think even Rob Hubbard could throw some of his stuff into it.

Then Lucas comes along decades later, says "mitochondrians, suckers" and rapes and destroys his own masterpiece.

It was like Leonardo da Vinci came back from the dead and pee'd all over the Mona Lisa.

Sorry...just venting

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

#26496 02/27/02 11:57 PM
OP Offline

Yeah, but as Tyler Durden once said, "Hey, even the Mona Lisa's fallin' apart."

#26497 02/28/02 08:06 PM

and yet nobody knows why she is smiling and she is one of the most famous works of art. There is mystery in it, it makes you think, you keep comming back to it and wonder. Star Wars was better without it.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved