Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26502 02/20/02 08:30 AM
OP Offline

can anyone give me a step by step elaboration on the book for photoreading so that I can achieve a result because I am overly tempted to bad mouth this system to my academic friends as no one I know accept you on here (could be anyone!LSC) has achieved any results

thank you all in advance for any ANY replies!!

les pauls are cool!(esp standards and customs!)

#26503 02/20/02 04:55 PM

Your local library should have a copy of the little blue "how-to PhotoRead" book. It explains the whole system in full detail.

#26504 02/21/02 06:05 AM

Les,

What do you currently have? First I thought you had the system, now it sounds like you don't have the book?

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

#26505 02/21/02 08:57 AM
OP Offline

I have the book - all Im saying is in the book it continually tries to flog you the whole system! So that put's the idea in your head that there is something missing in the book.

I just mean I wanted some ideas on everyones else's techniques because I am getting no results and you lot on here claim to be gettinbg all these magnificent results

#26506 02/21/02 12:58 PM

All of the techniques that comprise the basic PhotoReading Whole Mind System are contained in the PhotoReading book. The basics of preparing, previewing, PhotoReading, activation (super reading, dipping, mind mapping, mind probing), and rapid reading are there and are fully explained.

The only issue that I really see for someone trying to learn from the book is a lack of self confidence in their ability to learn it from the book. There is also the lack of interaction with somebody else who could answer or rephrase the information on techniques so that if the way the book explains it doesn't make sense, you can get a different approach that does - but that is a limitation of written media, and one that is somewhat obviated by the existence of this board.

One other thing to keep in mind - PhotoReading is a personal process. I think that, once you get past the basic mechanics of it (the divergent relaxed gaze, page flipping, basic mind probing, super reading and dipping, etc.), the success of the system lies primarily in discovering how you best process information - what subtle clues your mind gives you to indicate how to further extract/recall the information that you desire. I believe that each one of us has vast, untapped potential. I also believe that the means of tapping that potential is different for each of us due to previous experience, neurophysiology, etc. There exist some general "rules of thumb" that seem to work because we all have, at root, the same brain structure, but to get maximum efficiency from our brains and minds we need to take the basic tools and adapt them to us (this is much like in the martial arts - I have never seen two black belts perform a kata the same way. Each has their own style and flair that they give it - their own personality - as well as differences in body structure that will make them move a little differently).

Finally - a step by step elaboration of the book would lead to a book-long post. Post specific questions and you will probably get specific answers. There are numerous people in this forum who have experienced consistent success with the system who are more than willing to help.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved