Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#2293 12/12/00 10:50 PM
Learning Strategies
OP Offline
Learning Strategies

...continuing from Feel The Power! - Part 2.

#2294 12/12/00 11:44 PM

Brian,

Your right about your prediction. I have to think about this some more... Maybe tonight I'll deprive myself of some theta sleep... :-)

For personality, you might consider adding the sales leap tape.

#2295 12/13/00 12:04 AM

Whatthe222,
I suspect that much of this idea of a photographic memory being dangerous comes from A.R. Luria's study of the famous mnemonist Shereshevsky in his book "The Mind of a Mnemonist". Even though his recall was virtually flawless, he apparently could only forget something by an act of will.

I'm not sure that the occasional horror story represents what most people could expect using Memory Supercharger -- even with mega-exposure. And then there's a concern some have that having flawless visual recall (if it exists, which I think it can) would make a person lose the ability to distinguish between vivid imagery and physical reality. I'm not aware of actual cases of this but they may be out there.

Memory Supercharger is designed to spontaneously activate one's recall much more powerfully. I'm not aware that this tape focuses exclusively or primarily on VISUAL recall. It seems to be designed to facilitate recall in whatever way works best for the listener. From what I've read, most people with highly developed recall abilities rely on synesthesia (overlapping of different sensory input) even though one sensory channel, such as visual, might be dominant. I think the danger of any negative fallout here is extremely remote.

BTW, Richard Bandler describes a process in "Use Your Brain for Change" that could be useful if confusing imagery with reality ever were to become a problem. He basically has you go in and alter the way your internal pictures are structured. Maybe this could provide a way for the mind to easily distinguish between internal pictures and external input, no matter how vivid.

Brian,
Your experience with the chopsticks was exactly the kind of small-scale, barely noticeable expression of 'genius' I was referring to earlier. Sure, it's everyday stuff, but kind of exhilerating when you notice it, no?

BTW, while we're speaking of combined tape sessions, I'd love to try:

Self-Esteem Supercharger and
Holiday Cheer

--never have another down day again? Be in a perpetual state of joy?

Cheers

#2296 12/13/00 04:37 AM

whatthe222,
Could you send me the web address where I may purchase the Silent Stim tape which you mentioned--with UHF and 3D Environment? I can't seem to locate that specific tape.
Thanks,
Brian

#2297 12/13/00 04:48 AM

Hi Paul,
you speculated about a perpetual state of joy being possible. There might be an easier way than going through all of the trouble of modifying paraliminal tapes and listening to them over and over and over and...

Perhaps you might consider the Euphoria! course. I don't have it at this point but am planning getting it soon. My understanding is that this course provides the type of relaxation, joy, happiness, and love that you may be looking for. Check it out.

I have been folloeing this discussion since it started with much interest. There is an aquaintence of mine that only get 3-4 hrs of sleep a night since childhood. He also has some major health problems that noone has been able to help him with.

Having said that, a few years ago I came across a sleep study where an individual was lowered into a cave for three or four months with out any way of marking time. After a few days his sleep cycle adjusted to 4 hrs of sleep every 25 hrs. (about 3.5 hrs per day). The authors of the study speculated that we don't do this naturally because of training from childhood, habit and the cycles of the sun.

I tried to get my sleep down to the level of the individual cited earlier and failed miserably. Being as how I only need 6 to 6.5 hrs of sleep a day, I have found that my problem resides in wasting the time that I have. Something I am working on. Thats my $.02

Greg

#2298 12/13/00 05:16 AM

Brian,

You can get it from Centerpointe (www.centerpointe.com) The program isn't listed on their site, you have to call them. Their number is 1800 954 2741.

Paul,

Shereshevsky didn't have a photographic memory per se. That term reffers to eidedic memory, or a perfect recall of the orriginal image - some some faint association.

I don't think the perception of such people comes from Luria's book, because it isn't read by the vast majority of the public. A more plausible explination would be from the movie Rain Man.

...would make a person lose the ability to distinguish between vivid imagery and physical reality.

Thats an interesting thought. I wonder just what it is that makes people with photographic memories a wee bit out of touch with reality. Saying which, I do know some people with that kind of memory who don't exhibit these traits - but that seems to be the exception rather than the rule.

As a thought, it may just be because of the processing priorities in such people. To borrow the computer analagy, most people seem to have some kind of multi-processing going on. They both attempt to remember and process the information simultaneously, with mixed results.

At the other end of the extreme, you have peole with eidetic memories who only remember, and then you have those like Einstein who only processed. As an example, someone once asked einstein the speed of sound - something most school kids know today. He said he had no idea, and didn't bother memorizing information he can easily look up in an encyclopedia. He thought commiting such things to memory consumed precious brain cells, which should be jealeously preserved items of more import.

You could take this one step further - we know from photoreading that everything (at least if we wanted it to) enters the other -than - concious mind. Now, if we could find someway to access that information later, then maybe retroactively memorizing it, we could have both a perfect memory and devote more of our attention span to processing...

Sorry everyone... Excuse my rambling

#2299 12/13/00 05:29 AM

Greg,
Funny you should say that, I thought of the Euphoria! course right after I posted. I'll definitely be paying attention to what the people here to have say about it. They couldn't have picked a better title. I understand there's a special Euphoria! paraliminal that goes with it as well.

That was a real thought-provoking read about the person being lowered into the cave. In some strange way, it makes more sense than 8-hour conditioned pattern most of us follow.

Brian,
I had the Silent Sub. website bookmarked. I clicked on it and it's apparently no longer in existence. I don't know if they're at a new address or not. If you do an engine search with "Whole Brain Learning Institute", you might find something. I believe that's the same company.

#2300 12/13/00 05:43 AM

Guess you can disregard that lead, looks like there's a better one.

#2301 12/13/00 05:44 AM

Disregard MY I mean, to clarify.

#2302 12/13/00 06:11 AM

Gregory, thanks for jumping in! That's phenomenal news about the 3.5 hours--gives me hope!

Regarding the relationship between belief and sleep, Anthony Robbins writes:
"while there are physical needs for the body, they vary from person to person. But everyone is taught the same number and so it becomes a belief system. And whatever you believe, you'll feel in your body."

When I first read this, my eyes did a double take. Months later, after purchasing the Belief Paraliminal... *big broad-assed smile* I eradicated the belief that I needed 8 hours of sleep with Paul Scheele's NLP tape, and replaced it a more fanciful belief.

Bloody ingeniuous, if I don't say so myself!

I didn't mention this before, because I don't (DO NOT) recommend that anyone try it... UNLESS you practice the ULTIMATE in healthy habits ie Alkaline Diet, easily digestible food, deep breathing sessions, enormous amounts of water, trampolining for lymph, wheatgrass, magnetic therapy, etc.

The idea being that if you keep your cells healthy, you won't have to waste energy rebuilding what you've torn down. With average health habits, enormous levels of toxicity and acidity build up within us. One of the many reasons we NEED sleep is to act as a buffer against high acidity and to cleanse toxins.

When the silent stim tape arrives--I'm going to put all this knowledge together into one master anti-sleep system.

FEEL THE POWER!
Brian

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved