Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

thanks all in advance for any replies. As I have decided again! to give PRing a try I would like some answers on a few queries!

1) Preparation is too long

2) IS prepare/TT really necessary? if you can concentrate reasonably well.

3) If the text on the pages of the book are blurred when PRing does this effect PRing? If so is it not better to keep practising PRing to get this right before trying activating something that isnt there and resulting in lack of faith?

4) IS the 'X' technique just as good for PRing?

5) On the 5 day plan is iot better to stick to one book or can you experiment with several?

6) when an 'accomplished' PR can you PR other books whiulst waiting to activate others?

7) It takes far longer than 30 mins to prepare and PR a book followed by rapid reading etc etc!?

8) If this is the case and your supposed to do it in chunks, is it not better to concentrate on chapters and therfore get a more detailed knowledge of individual chapters? i.e. taking about a week to get to grips with the WHOLE book?

9) can you do more than one PR session per day esp. in the 5 day plan?

thanks again. I may have more Q/'s so please keep this page on the daily list if possible so I can add Q? and receiove your wisdom once more!

Les pauls are indeed cool!

1&2, Learn to concentrate, dont whine about it.. IF that doesnt work, take some ridalin

quote:
Originally posted by lespaulsarecool:

1) Preparation is too long

Preperation takes a little bit of time when your first begin. After you've gotten enough pracitce you're able to enter the accelerative learning state within a single breath.

quote:

2) IS prepare/TT really necessary? if you can concentrate reasonably well.

This is sort of like the question, is the PR step necessary? I personally believe that preperation is necessary, if not EXTREMELY helpful.

quote:

3) If the text on the pages of the book are blurred when PRing does this effect PRing? If so is it not better to keep practising PRing to get this right before trying activating something that isnt there and resulting in lack of faith?

If the text is blurry, but you can see a blip, do not worry. Your mind is taking a clear photograph, even if your eyes are not. You should practice every step of the system at a time.

quote:

4) IS the 'X' technique just as good for PRing?

Yes, and usually, there's a way to use the X technique, and still see the blip at the same time. I would recommend learning and mastering the X technique, and blip. The X will help with PhotoReading electronic/internet text on a monitor.

quote:

5) On the 5 day plan is iot better to stick to one book or can you experiment with several?

Ahhh, I don't know. . .

quote:

6) when an 'accomplished' PR can you PR other books whiulst waiting to activate others?

Yes.

quote:

7) It takes far longer than 30 mins to prepare and PR a book followed by rapid reading etc etc!?

Even with RapidReading, which does not necessarily skip ANY section, you can achieve this within under 1 hour, and 30 mins. Remember to use the tangerine technique.

quote:

8) If this is the case and your supposed to do it in chunks, is it not better to concentrate on chapters and therfore get a more detailed knowledge of individual chapters? i.e. taking about a week to get to grips with the WHOLE book?

When activating, the information, whether it be heavy or light detail, comes in layers. If you'd like to get EVERY single chapter, and of the things in it, use multiple 30 minute passes. If you don't know what I mean by using 30 minutes passes, several people here can tell you.

quote:

9) can you do more than one PR session per day esp. in the 5 day plan?

Yes. Look at the PhotoReading book, and flip to the back on the section entitled "synoptic reading."

I hope I've given you a great deal of help. Please also remember, that PhotoReading is not just about immense speed, but it takes practice to achieve great speeds like an entire book in about 20 minutes. PhotoReading is mainly meant for excellent comprehension, furthur than you would normally get, because you're using both parts of your brain.

[This message has been edited by youngprer (edited February 26, 2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by Mastermind:
1&2, Learn to concentrate, dont whine about it.. IF that doesnt work, take some ridalin

He's right, but don't take ritalin. Just relax and play with it. Let go of your frustration and worries.

I was jokin bout the ridalin, Im just goofy

I know.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved