Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#26673 03/01/02 05:27 PM
OP Offline

This applies to anyone who's used the Dream Play paraliminal.

I finally started listening to this tape a couple nights ago, since I figured, "hey, I have problems sleeping, why don't I use this tape?" I figured it would either make me sleepy, or the thought of being able to control my dreams would make me choose sleep over, say, browsing the internet or my new hobby, memorizing pi (I am so lame.)

Anyway, the first couple nights, I fell asleep in the middle of the tape. Last night, however, I was just really peeved about something, so I was pretty tense going into it. I'm listening to this tape, and I'm noticing I've gotten to a part I never heard before (since I'd always fall asleep way before that). I'm listening to Paule, and my body is still pretty relaxed (as much as it could be, considering how tense I just was) when all of a sudden:

BAM. I felt like my body just went numb, and I felt this huge wave of relaxedness wash over me. It happened fast, and it was a huge difference.

Which brings me to my question:

I'm thinking...is this tape hypnosis? What did it do? I notice he said on the tape you'll get better and better at this as time progresses, and I also noticed that the part where I became relaxed happened a couple minutes before his voice goes back to mono.

I dunno, it was just weird...I couldn't even get scared or nervous, because the feeling of relaxing was that strong. One minute I'm thinking, "I think I need a glass of water...hmnnn," and then I'm having this like, outer body experience.

Anyone have this happen to them?

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

#26674 03/02/02 06:56 AM
Hel Offline

Ramon, would you tell us more details? Like what was your state of mind? Did you feel any change in clarity? What about the other senses? Once I was being guided into relaxation in a yoga class. When at the end the teacher said ok, time to come out slowly, begin by gently wriggling your toes, and my mind sort of went, what toes? I couldn't find them, for a moment. But I was awake, and I certainly wasn't 'numb'. Just that for a little while, I couldn't find my body.

#26675 03/01/02 07:53 PM
OP Offline

Very similar.

I felt like my only existence was in the center of my forehead. That's why I described as almost out-of-body, because I felt like my body was just there.

The best part was my dream. The first two nights, nothing really happened. Last night, though...

The first couple nights I'll admit it, I wanted to be alone in a closet with Jennifer Conelly. That was my purpose. To dream I was in a closet with Jennifer Conelly, and that she was in a randy mood for frolicking. Nothing happened.

Last night, in my bad mood, Scheele asks if there's anything I wanted figured out, and I'm like, "Hey Paul, why don't you get a psychiatrist to tell me what the hell is wrong with my life? That would be a great f'in dream."

I was grouchy.

But then he asks if we're doing it for pleasure, and I'm like, "Fine, I guess give me some lovin', too, pimp daddy Scheele."

My dream?

A hot psychiatrist tells me everything is going to be okay, and that I'll get it together. She pointed some stuff out in my dream I thought was very interesting, and then after our session was over, she asked me, how I'd like to pay for it.

I didn't have any money, and she goes, "Well...then you have to compensate me for my services, somehow..." as she unbuttoned her blouse.

I woke up very very refreshed.

THANK GOD FOR LSC

#26676 03/01/02 07:57 PM

THIS I'VE GOT TO TRY

thanks for sharing

#26677 03/01/02 09:30 PM
Hel Offline

Thanks Ramon. Wonderful dream you had. I enjoyed it too. I've been having some days like you described, both types. I can use some services too. Just an hour ago, I was thinking about whether to get this tape of not. Decided now.

#26678 03/01/02 11:56 PM

Ramon, what you describe is a good description of what is called sleep paralysis. Robert Monroe refered to it as Focus 10 (body asleep, mind awake). It's not just that your body is very relaxed, it's more than relaxed, it's asleep. But your mind is not. The state of consciouness right at the border between waking and sleeping is called the hypnagogic state.

You're exactly right when you mention OOBE, because getting into the hypnagogic state is part of what you'd do when you want to have an OOBE. It's an EXTREMELY fascinating subject, but only for those with an open mind. It's absolutely mind boggling when you realise that OOBEs/Astral Projection is for real.

You wrote:
"I felt like my only existence was in the center of my forehead. That's why I described as almost out-of-body, because I felt like my body was just there."

It was not your body you "felt", it was your consciousness. Your consciousness doesn't need your physical body to operate. Your physical body is merely ONE veichle for your consciousness... Interesting to note is that you describe it as somewhere in the center of your forehead. That's is just about where the Agnya chakra aka. the 3rd eye is located....

Well, I don't know how much you know about OOBE/AP...let me know if you want know more.

John

#26679 03/04/02 03:19 AM

For about three nights straight, I pushed myself to dream about MindMaps to activate the book I got on it. I thought success would probably involve some sort of MindMap drawn out.

Instead, and my mind repeated this dream twice with variations, Woopi Goldberg said to me while driving, "The reason you have to state your name in court is because it would take you too long to explain your relationship to yourself." The first time, it just sort of shocked me, and I was listening to a cassette in my car. The second time, she was in the back seat talking to me.

When I woke up, I understood the power of the mind-map in defining a relationship of an object to itself, including the individual in question.

#26680 03/04/02 07:54 PM

Ok well i have listened to this tape many many times while ll admit it puts me to sleep i ever have recall nor do i even know if the dream i requested actually ever took place... i am not sure how to fix this..and ass for photo reading well i actvated one thing and since then i have een unable to redo it i dont know why i listen to personal genius i tell my self im in the state im inthe state i go to the photo focus i do it upside down right side upp all sorts of ways the n the supeead or dipping part comes and i do it to the best of my ability but i lose all focus and i not even sure if i have stayed in the state while i was doing it someone help me out with this pleas i know i have posted numerous times with the state questions but still have et to achieve the state except for tat once that i can recall

#26681 03/05/02 04:23 AM
OP Offline

Zeus: Yes, I'd like more info on it. I've gotten acupuncture before, and sure enough, when they needle the "3rd eye" point, I get a similar feeling to the one I previously described.

Kaiden: Awesome dream =)

Another note: Today I started to day dream in class, and I noticed that the daydream was particularly vivid. It's a disturbing daydream, and I'm sure there's HUNDREDS of interpretations for it, but keep in mind I was in a class talking about the Freudian concept of narcissism, and that's probably what led to such a disturbing daydream:

I was at my computer, and all of a sudden another "me" rushes into the room and blindsides me. I fall on the floor, and he beats the living daylights out of me. Then he handcuffs me and starts whipping me with this bamboo rod.

The thing that was so vivid was that each time he whipped my back, I almost flinched in reality. I dreampt it, and in class (where I was daydreaming) I almost felt a jolt.

Anybody else get this?

#26682 03/07/02 07:30 PM

Learning to astral project can take a very long time and requires persistence, while others can achieve it rather easily. One guy I know succeeded after 13 years, some people have actually made it on the first try. I've only been trying for a few months, I've had some success, but not actually separated.

I guess a lot of people will have a hard time believing that you can actually by will separate your consciousness from your body. Then enter another dimension in an astral body. Yes, it really is another dimension! It's not like lucid dreaming (even though that can be quite a powerful state), the proficient astral projector is actually more aware/awake than in "real life" with some or all senses heightened.

Everything in the physical dimension has a counterpart in the astral. Although sometimes it won't quite make sense what you perceive in the astral. E.g. when you look out your bedroom window you might not see what you see in the physical because you might be seeing what it will look like in the future. Yes, you can see into the future. You can transcend time and space, there are no limits. So you can travel backwards and forwards in time, you can visit dead people, you can travel out in space, maybe at the speed of light or much much faster; by teleportation. E.g. you project and you have decided that you want to go to the moon. Being a very proficient projector you will yourself to the moon instantaneously!!

You can heal people. One girl removed a cancer tumor from a realtive in the astral. You can go back to past lives....there are no limits.

Well, I don't blame you if don't believe me at first; it's hard to grasp that this is for real. (BTW your concept of what reality is will likely change :-)

If this has peaked your curiosity here are some resources for further information:
http://www.astralvoyage.com
make sure you subscribe to the mailing list
http://www.astraldynamics.com
http://www.robertpeterson.org
You get his book for free!
http://www.geocities.com/ddegraci/index.html
Another free book, quite extensive.
http://www.mysticweb.org/awake/topics/1_astral/
You can register for a free 8 week online course!

That's something to start with. If you're interested contact me by email and I'll provide you with more resources.

John

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved