Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26699 03/02/02 02:29 PM
dc21 Offline OP
OP Offline

This question arises from a comment I believe Neil Slade made: 'you can stimulate areas of your brain by thinking about that area of the brain.'

As you photoread, what if you simultaneously think about a certain area of your brain ... ie for each page that you PR, try to move the reception of that information to another part of you brain.

Will this process build new neural pathways; moreover, will the pathways be useful?

I have tried this and get a bit of a dull pressure in my head. I really don't know whether it will diminish or enchance the PR process. It does seem to improve my ability to concentrate, & I am able to establish a much smoother rhythm.

I would apprecite any thoughts or comments.

Thanks in advance.

#26700 05/09/02 10:31 PM
Administrator
Administrator

I'm familiar with Neil Slade's stuff. I've played with amygdala popping and found it a useful way to open up what Master Chunyi Lin describes as the "third eye".

Your question deals with whether you need to consciously direct the information to move around, and if it will enhance the activation of PhotoReading. Personally, I believe my nonconscious is infinitely more capable of determining what neural circuits to open than I am consciously. My position is let the nonconscious handle those kinds of details. Our responsibility at a conscious level is to support the mind's best work by remaining in a positively encouraging mindset. It helps to be specific about making self-enhancing, outcome oriented statements. So if you want to include a few affirmations about "...opening all the necessary neural pathways that activate this material in the most expeditious and beneficial fashion..." or some such thing, then great! Go for it.

I think that will take some of the "feelings" of pressure off too!

#26701 06/29/04 05:25 AM

What is important is that one be able to distinguish what part of the brain can and does what-- just like you've learned what your fingers and mouth can do.

Once you learn a few brain basics, you have a much more direct understanding of brain processes- and thus, better control-- you are CONSCIOUS of how your brain is working, not just haphazard.

You can stimulate areas of your brain by thinking about that area of the brain- if you really know what that part of your brain does. Otherwise, its just pretending.

Neil www.neilslade.com
The Amazing Brain Adventure

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved