Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#26831 03/06/02 05:37 PM
OP Offline

Hello Fellow Photoreaders.

How important is it to like the material that you are reading? Reading boring material is no fun.

I find it more difficult to Photoread a book that I dislike as opposed to Photoreading a book I like.

I am open for suggestions.

regards

I think personal taste for the book is definately a factor. I've read some really boring books, and I noticed my activation times were slower.

Another person who used to be on here PR'd Rich Dad Poor Dad, and utterly hated it, and he had problems just finishing it.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Kind of like me when I tried to finish activating How To Talk So Kids Will Listen. (I'm a kid, and that's complete bs)

It takes longer to want to activate it, too.

quote:
Originally posted by N. Armstrong:
I find it more difficult to Photoread a book that I dislike as opposed to Photoreading a book I like.

I am open for suggestions.

regards

Hello there,

when I do something that I don't like at all, but that I must do, I try to make it fun, doing it like if I was playing, or think about the good things it'll report me back.

In the case of an uninteresting book, think about the positive things you'll get from photoreading it. If it's a school asignment, think about the good mark you'll get from doing this well for example, anything positive you may come with...

It may not be interesting at first, but the way you approach it, may change those first unpleasant feelings.

Bye.

[This message has been edited by Rogin (edited March 11, 2002).]

The "Prepare" step cures the agony with reading uninteresting books.

When creating your purpose/outcome statement, decide how you want to be positively impacted by acquiring the knowledge in that book. What outcome do you want to have? How is this information going to help me accomplish my goal of ___________________. What level of comprehension do I need?

Then, the activation sessions enable you to get the comprehension you need in the shortest amount of time, so you can get on with other things you enjoy doing more.

Other times, you might just say,"Sure, this will get me my good grade/knowledge of this subject, but. . .I still hate it!"

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved