Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

quote:
Originally posted by Ragnar1211:
yes

I am originally from Fairview in St Kitts.

gmnutt@hotmail.com

There are plenty of verses that suggest that photoreading isn't Satanic...

1 Corinthians 6:12 "Everything is permissable for me, but not everything is beneficial." ->Is photoreading beneficial to you? Would God be pleased if you photoread the Bible?

1 Cor 10:26 "For the earth is the Lord's and everything in it." ->God created your mind and subconscious mind both, use them BOTH to glorify Him.

1 Cor 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all to the glory of God." -> So long as in whatever you do you glorify God it doesn't matter so much what you do. Are you intentionally relaxing your mind to give Satan a threshold? Or to learn more and be a knowledgable Christian?

Romans 13:10 "Love does no harm to it's neighbor, therefore love is the fulfillment of the law." -> Is photoreading a hateful thing to do?

John 3:18 (Jesus speaking) "Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son." -> If you believe in Christ Jesus, then you are good already. That doesn't mean you should go become a Satanist, but since you are saved, try to glorify Him through whatever you do now. When you photoread, photoread commentaries and stuff so that you are more knowledgable about what God's Word says.

Hey guys, the key to any understanding of any subject in any country is to use your intellect, your mind, your brain. (Thus the use of "understanding") PhotoReading, if it asks you to empty your brain faulters at that point. You can't and won't do anything well with any lasting power without the active use of that faculty.

Ragnar, I am a Christian, in love with The Creator and His Son Jesus Christ. I enter the relaxed state by coming close (Alpha brain waves) to sleep (delta). I try to get sleepy. Thankfully, sleep and the path to sleep are godly and wonderfully filled with the exercises of the mind(no emptying here). PhotoReading can work without Tibetan antics. Have you ever been reading the scripture at night on the couch and slowly fade, and tons and tons of scripture reference relationships come to you. (So much so that you want to jump back up(beta) and write them all down so you can teach it in Sunday School? I have. I usually can't remember everything though by the time I get a pen.The extreme activity of the intellect during that time is a gift from God (the God of the Bible). The best way to be a good steward of that gift is to read the book of the one giving that gift... right before you retire for the night. The things you had read will be yours. Email me, we'll talk more, I have been thinking about the same things... (PhotoReading and Christ Jesus)
r@cincybible.edu
RUebel

For all of you who think Photoreading may or may not be Satanic...Ok, so here's how I was convinced that PRing works...for a few days I was really into the tapes...it was over vacation...so I'd do one, two a day...

about that time I was tempted to believe that your brain is powerful and doesn't need God, etc....pretty much came out of nowhere, or out of the PR stuff itself, the "eastern philosophy" stuff...

then, I think it was a few nights in a row, I could not fend off such temptation in my dreams, and so I had to revert to full conciousness, heart racing, etc, and cry out to God for help....

so yes, if you're not careful, the devil can, and will, try to attack through your subconcious...

so I PR'ed one of the gospels the next evening, and lets just say I didn't have that problem anymore....

The Bible says that we should write the Word of God on our minds and in our hearts...PRing is a good way to do that, and then our subconcious will meditate on it night and day, to the glory of God.....

Wow.
Some of you guys... I'm pinching myself...
I had trouble sorting out whether you guys were just having fun with your **** poor jokes, but... I'm really starting to think at least some of you were serious. PhotoReading satanic? Did you REALLY discuss whether Paul Scheele's system for learning was satanic, or that at least parts of it were? Are you for real?
I'm amazed. Saddened, actually.
Get your act together, guys.

I go on a month hiatus and I come back to see this thread...hmn.. =(

Guys...I said it before, and I'll say it again: look through all the nonsense and and look at what this person said.

He said his speedreading program was satanic.

Do we really have to discuss this? Really? Come on, now.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Well, i might quit my use of The Sedona Method all together. See, what happens when you use the method is you release feeling, in a remarkably effective way. You really open up inside. And when you open up, what happens?

You allow a place for Satan!

No more Sedona for me.

Next weeks topic: Do lollies come from space?

Uncle Tom tells me that men don't cry. If a man cries, the tears that leave his eyes leave a space in his sinuses -- a space that only SATAN can enter.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Hel Offline

Well, if you want to talk about space. We consist mainly of space. At the atomic level, probably about 99%. WE ARE SPACE. Are we all scared now. (Those who don't already have anxiety-free order it now!)

Okay, I've held myself back from this topic long enough.

Listen to Ramon. Speed reading course=satanic.

This is a forum for PRing, not for theological discussions that only go in circles.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved