Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Hel Offline

No, Gino, I haven't. I am eagerly awaiting your report of your experience with it. Are you taking choline by itself now? In what form do you take choline & piracetam? I am very interested in this. Thank you for sharing.

I guess choline will only work in combination with Piracetam. If you are a healthy individual, your choline levels should be fine. People with memory disorder that are related to age, or people with Parkinson,Alzheimer's etc might be low in choleine. When I was in college (last semester), I use to get B+ in all my classes. My most common grade was an 87%, which is a above average. As a matter of fact, I garduated with a 3.30 GPA, which is 3 pts less than a B+ average (3.33) In my first three yrs in college, I tried to race my average by turning to smart nutrients. I have taken : DMAE,Ginzeng,Gingko Biloba, B-Complex, Huperzine, Brain PEP,Kava Kava, A,Phosphatedilserine,Glutamic Acid, Glutamine,Vinposetine, Phosphatydilserine,Phosphorus,and a lot more.I don't remember now. All these stuff has not work for me at all. They have given me either Headaches or state of confusion. Its funny, but most of
these so call enhancers have made me less able to concentrate. I think that the only one, which I can said its a good enhancer is Glutamic Acid. I increase my average to 90% with this one. The only problem is that it made me starter in Spanish and Portuguese, I don't know why. I speak three languages the just two just mentioned and English.
Out of the three I speak Spanish 25% of the time and English 75%. The problem with Glutamic acid is that is makes you nervous. I hope that the nootropics have a better result than all these sack of s h i t.

In my last year in college,I decided to increase my average by external enhancers. This is the main reason why I joined this forum. I think that Pring might work, but I just have no have the time to learn it. I'm dedicating my time to study for my CPA. Since Piracetam is very different from all the nutrients mentioned and most importantly it doesn't thin your blood, I think it would work.
If not, I'll be certain that there is no such thing as a Brain enhancer. At least not for me.

Hel Offline

Thank you, Gino. I've tried Gingko too a few years ago. Can't say that I noticed any effects other than a lighter wallet. When's your exam?

My exam is May 8th and 9th. Each exam is about 4 hrs long. Why don't you take Piracetam too. That way we can measure it better. In case you are interested this is the website that sells it. www.antiaging-systems.com
Its not that expensive.

quote:
Originally posted by Hel:
Thank you, Gino. I've tried Gingko too a few years ago. Can't say that I noticed any effects other than a lighter wallet. When's your exam?

I wasn't sure if I'd bother responding, but I think it's important because who knows who may be reading this.

The human body needs sleep. People who go without REM sleep lose cognitive ability in a measurable way. That is, they forget stuff, say "huh" a lot, lose focus ("you listening to me?"), and make dumb decisions.

People who go without sleep for long periods of time (many days) start having psychotic episodes. This means they start hearing voices, seeing things, and making bizarre comments, observations, and decisions. This is the basis of real-live "brainwashing" techniques. You want to crack someone? Just muck with their sleeps schedules and be patient.

How much sleep do you need? Like many people here have said, it varies by person (and probably is both nature & nurture). If you look for averages, you'll typically see 7-8 hours. In fact, in a big study in the 60s(?) that tracked mortality rates among people, and associated these with smoking (primary target of the study), they noted that people who slept 7-8 hours had a mortality rate of 1, and that each hour band in *either direction* raised the mortality rate.

Does that mean sleep longer/shorter amounts causes death? No. It's a correlation, not causation. If you're wondering about this, consider: is it possible that people who are very unhealthy (meaning diseased, not simply weak) also happen to sleep more than the average person? Is the mortality rate higher in that group?

Bottom line is what other people here have said: get sleep, find out what times work best for you, and if you're looking for a number, 7-8 seems to be an average out there.

-Jeff

OP Offline

Thanks Jeff It's really informative.

Hel Offline

Yeah, Gino, I might consider trying out piracetam as an experiment so we can compare notes. I think it's available here as a prescriptive medication. Have you started already? What dosage and what do you take it with, besides choline, and in what form (tablet, powder,..?) Do you know whether factors such as age, weight, gender, etc. need to be taken into account when deciding on dosage?

Hel Offline

Brian, what do you take lecithin for? Are there different types, ie, animal and plant sources? Does it matter which one you take?
Are you still working on your website?

youngprer,
i also have got sweollen glands in my neck.
have you healed yours just by taking enough sleep?

anyone who can provide some info. on treating swollen glands in the neck, please help.

regards,
shin

quote:
Originally posted by shin:
youngprer,
i also have got sweollen glands in my neck.
have you healed yours just by taking enough sleep?

anyone who can provide some info. on treating swollen glands in the neck, please help.

regards,
shin

Swollen glands can appear for a number of reasons. I've found that if I'm both:

1.In a bad mood
2.Haven't had much sleep

I will end up getting swollen glands. This is because of a high level of tension and not enough time to let it out...I think.

However, other times, this means your body is trying to fight off a disease of some kind, whether it be relating to general allergies, a virus, or infection.

You'd be amazed how hours and hours of sleep can turn you around, as well as your health.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved