Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

I have been trying PR for about a month already, and i feel that what really gives you the comprehension is the whole process but the Photo Reading itself... I believe i can get the same level of comprehension of a book whether i actually photoread it or not. Also, i was trying to photoread the book Natural Brilliance that comes with the program and after i Photoread it i started doing the super reading, spent about 20 mins and did not pass the 3rd chapter. For some reason i feel that i should have finished the book by that time, also i felt like stoping at every paragraph which made me lose time, and i did not feel like i actually knew any of the material due to the actual PR but due to the preview and all that. Isn't the actuall Photo reading part supposed to give me some knowledge of the book.,,,,... ??????? i just dont feel the 25000 words per min the program promises..... please help i am trying to get ready for my 3rd sememster of college comming on september and i need to get really good at this.........

The program doesnt promise that you will be able to read at 25,000 WPM, it simply states that you will be able to *read* three times faster.

All is says about 25,000 is "now wouldnt this be great? Maybe you can do this...."

Actually I think the twist is:

Photoread at 25,000 words per minute.

-instead of-

Read at 25,000 words per minute (they don't state this).

Check it out:

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

[This message has been edited by razordu30 (edited March 12, 2002).]

JesusAAP,

I think you may be trying to activate too much at one time.

Remember, the key to the PRing is multiple passes. Don't spend too much time on one activation. The first pass sometimes feel like you've just "skimmed" it, especially when it's just superreading and dipping. It's the third or more pass (for the beginners) that "gels" the book.

Try to keep this estimate: a book that would take you 10 hours should take you around 3 hours. Don't forget to all the steps if you haven't gotten it to work yet. This includes mindmapping, mindprobing, affirmations, the whole works. Don't skip steps until you've gotten the system to work for you for awhile.

Hope that helps.

Razor is right, and he's stated that before. You'll notice that they're very careful to always say PhotoRead at 25,000WPM, which is what you're able to do.

PhotoReading allows BETTER comprehension, and info intake at an accelerated speed.

Ramon,

What if ... I don't do the photoreading step and I dip correctly by chance... will the book gel?

I don't want to start a new debate of whether the 3rd step is needed or not Most of my school books are so structured that I feel like I don't have to rely on my unconcious so much since I already know where to go in the text. If this is the case, what should I do?

I would still recommend step 3. It's one of the key steps in the system that allows for greater retention, and comprehension.

Ramon,
What if I don't do the photoreading step and I dip correctly by chance... will the book gel?...Most of my school books are so structured that I feel like I don't have to rely on my unconcious so much since I already know where to go in the text. If this is the case, what should I do?

I know what you mean. Sometimes a book is structured in a way that you can skip stuff consciously and pick stuff consciously, since the book is laid out that way. I was reading this book on Chechnya, and I just went straight to the index, picked out what I needed and went there. Some books are just laid out that way.

My take is this: the PRing step takes such little time, but can save you time so that even if you skip sections, you can rapid read the ones you don't skip. If there's enough text, you'll more than make up for the time spent in the PR step by rapid reading.

OP Offline

Thanks for the replies.... I think you are focusing too much on the 25,000 wpm. I just mentioned meaning that i dont feel the speed of the program... It is just that after i did the whole think before the Photoreading and after at the activation,, spending one hour i still did not pass the 3rd chapter... That is my concern, and i knew what the book was about, its structure, but about the actual content, i did not know anything and that is frustrating. About doing several activations, i did not know about that, and i think that is a good answer, i will try that. Hoever nobody really answered the question of whether the actual photoreading step is really needed.... What i dont know is the real purpose of the photoreading,,,Isn't the activation supposed to help you remember the stuff that you already put on your mind through pr , or is pr supposed to help you activate????? I hope is the first one because other wise photoreading does not really help much....

JesusAAP,

The reason no one answered the "does the photoreading step work?" question is because it's actually asked here a lot, and most people now have a cringe factor whenever that question is brought up. I think it was still within a month that one thread with that question became slightly heated and tense.

As far as tense questions go or questions that provoke war among the forum, "Does the PR step really matter?" ranks up there with any thread using the words "prove to me" or "scientific backup". It's not that people don't respond, it's that it comes up so often and people get so tense that there's a trend towards not even answering threads with them anymore.

The short and skinny is that the PR step definately works, and though it seems so repetitive to PR stuff you just previewed and may cause skepticism, think of it has wading into the shallow end of the pool with a life vest on. You're just starting out, and need things like mindmaps, mindprobing, previewing, and long incubation times.

When you get better, you'll be able to drop most of them, and just go with PRing and a couple activations. That's when you'll believe in the system more.

If you really want some responses to the "Does the PR step really work?" question, just do a search in the archives for it. You'll find lots =)

Oh, and the multiple pass thing is KEY. And don't dip too much. If you spent 20 minutes and were using superreading and dipping and were still on Chapter 3, I think you may be dipping too much. Did you state a purpose?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved