Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27022 03/13/02 10:06 PM
OP Offline

Hello everyone! I recently purchased the PhotoReading Whole Mind System course a while ago and I have started with it and I am roughtly just starting the 4th tape. There are some difficulties I seem to be having though.

First, for the Dictonary Word Recognition Game, I used a bigger dictonary than the one provided, its a lot easier for me to use rather than that book with such a tight binding, and I have only PhotoRead the entire M section. Yet later when I have someone ask me to locate words out of that section, out of my last 3 tries, I only got 3 out of 12 words asked on all three tries. On some of them Im very close, on others Im pretty much way off, but on the ones that I actually did get right, its like I could see it in my mind and just know where it was. I would like to try to increase my scoring on it but Im not sure how exactly since Im not exactly sure how to "activate" what you PhotoRead in a dictonary. The other problem I seem to be facing is the Tangerine Technique, I can't seem to "keep it there" while Im doing any kind of reading whatsoever for any period longer than a few minutes. I know Im basically just starting out and have over have the course left to go, but I would really like some help on this. Also, for all my tries, I have not been able to see the "blip page" yet whatsoever. Thank you for your time and I appreciate any and all replies and all the help.

Some can see the blip page, others cannot. Try using the X technique: recognize the four corners of the two pages.

The dictionary game is quite fun. My friends and I actually play it like a REAL, normal game. All it takes is to guess. Your mind will search the subconcious. Try coming back to this every once and a while. Do not try to know where the word is, just say the first thing that comes to your mind.

Also, does the dictionary contain multiple columns on one page? If so, try guessing only either the column, or just the page that it's on. (Left or right.) I've gotten my results up to 9/12, or 3/4.

OP Offline

Thanks! I have been trying the X technique since its the only one I seem to know how to do, and as for the dictonary, there are 3 columns on each page, and I guess whether it is in the upper, middle or lower part of that column. So actually for any given word for that specific dictonary that I am using, I have a 1 in 18 chance of getting it right. Have you gotten your best results a while after photoreading the dictonary or immediatly after?

OP Offline

Also do you have any tips as to how to keep the "Tangerine Technique" going while PhotoReading? I don't seem to be able to keep it up or quite long at all without trying to put more of my concious focus into that rather than into any chant or rhythm for page turning.

Just remember to keep it there. It's always there, it doesn't vanish does it? It's a real tangerine! Why would it leave your head? You create it, you put it on there, and it stays. It's magic; it never falls. Try to really feel it before putting it on your head. Some have tried bouncing it on the floor, first. Others usually touch the back of their head slightly and keep that feeling there.

As for my results with the dictionary game: it's best to wait the ideal 24 hours before trying to recall the information with or without activation. Also try doing the PR step on it a number of times, with the book upside down, or go through it backwards.

x Offline

I usually bounce the tangerine off the wall a couple of times, then i throw it across the room and 'use the force' to suck it back into my hands. then I stick it on my head and make a 'click' sound with my tongue at the same time. Then I wiggle my head a little bit and 'feel' it moving around a bit. My nephew likes when I do that and it seems to work better.

For the 'blip' page, I'm also having trouble due to my eyesight (I'm myopic) but I'm working on a way to see it. I'll post back when I find it.

I pull some Harlem Globetrotter moves on the tangerine

I worried to much with the tangerine technique when I first started. I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's just there to help you concentrate your mind. So, that you don't stare through the page and not read anything. I used to do that alot. Now I just think of it as a fixed point above my head and then I'm ready to go. The best way to get good at PRing is just to use it on everything. Use any of the techniques anytime you get a chance. Hope that helps.

-Will

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved