Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#27176 03/21/02 12:29 AM
OP Offline

Okay, I know this is off topic, Im sorry.

But..

Who here believes in "evolution" and who believes in Creationism. Evolutionist, could you please state why?

I am only asking this to compile a little argument for my biology class (I hate the public school system)

Later Yall

(evolutionists can email me if you are afraid of being flamed)

#27177 03/21/02 03:39 AM

Why do you want us to do your homework for you? Kids today, always complaining about the public school system yet they don't want to do any work for themselves. Kids today totally disprove Darwin. Evolution is supposed to be survival of the fittest, instead we have survival of the laziest.

(Please read the above post with tongue firmly planted in cheek )

Michael

#27178 03/21/02 03:49 AM

I believe in creationism because evolution is a direct contradiction to the second law of thermodynamics (the law of increasing entropy). Contradicting scientific law doesn't say much for evolutionists; claiming themselves to be the "true" scientists. Evolution states that we were made of a huge bang. That would mean things would have to go from a state of high entropy to low entropy. Then why from the moment we're born begin to die? I've never seen anything disprove the law of increasing entropy, so creationism is the way to go. Evolutionism was invented because man wants to explain why he doesn't need God, or to explain to there small human brains why there is no God. Just makes you want to laugh .

[This message has been edited by Will2002 (edited March 20, 2002).]

#27179 03/21/02 05:08 AM

I think Steven J Gould put it best when he said the following (pardon the paraphrasing). Just because we do not have the understanding to explain something does not mean it does not exist. Of course this could work for either side of the argument, but obviously Gould is an evolutionist (since is a pioneer in the field).

#27180 03/21/02 05:32 AM

So do you believe that the universe is 6,000 years old? 10,000 years? How old would you say the universe is according to Biblical reconing?

Are you saying that the current set of species are the all the species there have ever been?

And dinosaur fossils were planted by God in the ground? Why would he want to bury dead animal bodies in the ground and age them to look as if they were 65+ million years old? Seems like an awful lot of trouble to go through... making it look like life has been around for billions of years and all.

As for the entropy question, orgone or 'life energy' is "anti-entropic" within closed systems. This is why you begin to grow the day you are conceived. And this is why healers (like Jesus) can heal people with their hands--they are beaming orgone into the effected area, which then spontaneously repairs itself, by itself.

The Theory of Evolution itself has evolved. Now we have "Punctuated Equilibria"--which is what Holo-sync is based on. A closed system more or less stays as it is until the environment stresses it in some cathartic manner. The chaos within the system builds and builds until "a moment of truth". The system either dies or "spontaneously evolves to a higher order."

And Punctuated Equilibria can apply to absolutely anything--not just the evolution of living things. Holosync's Bill Harris uses the example of a highway. You've got 2 lanes and they work great for years. Then population increases and suddenly, the number of cars doubles. The traffic on the highway either grinds to a halt or it evolves into a four lane highway. The increased entropy caused it to evolve to a higher order. Same thing with personal development. Same thing with lifting weights and 1001 other things.

Say all you lift is 30lbs curls for 10 years--your arm doesn't get any bigger or stronger; it stays the same. Then one day, you decide to curl 40lbs. The closed system is not designed to take this kind of stress. It begins to fall apart. Muscle fibers tear. Days later, that muscle 'spontaneously evolves to a higher order'... it just happens. The muscle gets bigger and adapts to the stimulus of 40lbs... your arm spontaneously adapts to the stress placed on it.

This is the evolution of one man's bicep.

Just makes you want to laugh .

Indeed...

#27181 03/21/02 10:44 AM
OP Offline

Okay, this isnt my homework. Im just trying to come up with an arguement to keep me from getting sucked in (Im known to do that).
I dont believe that dinosaur fossils were placed there, I believe the the dinosaurs where the ancient Nephlem, some other -phlem, the Behemeth and Leviathan spoken of in the Bible. (I cant remember exactly where, but the Nephlem are in Noahs ark chapter)

The second law of thermodynamics, ah, what a beutiful thing. I love that one.

Okay, if some evolutionist could explain this to me (Im not going for the 'look how stupid he is' factor). If humans evolved from a lower order of organism, how come they still exist (like monkies)? Arent only those adapted to their environment supposed to survive while the others die? Just confuses me.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited March 21, 2002).]

#27182 03/21/02 11:01 AM

For someone to be a biblical creationist does not necessarily mean they are also a young earth theorist. The bible leaves a lot of room for interpretation with respect to the age of the earth.

It has been a while since I looked into this, but I believe that the passage in Genesis where it says God created the earth would have been better translated as "recreated."

#27183 03/21/02 01:11 PM

Ok, short of something involving Nazis, this is probably the single worst topic to bring up in a public forum if you're trying to avoid open flames.

I'll take one stab at one, minor item:

"Arent only those adapted to their environment supposed to survive while the others die?"

No. The world is a much bigger place than you're thinking. Anytime you think of big, realize that you're thiking too small, and that the earth is bigger. Once you've done the cycle a few times (big, no small, bigger...) you still are nowhere near close, but you may start understanding how lots of species can evolve and fill minor niches in the ecosystem.

Besides, monkeys are our cousins. We have a common ancester, but evolved side-by-side. If it helps, they do better up in trees then we do.

...and if it really helps your mental picture, just imagine that we're now at the stage where we cut their trees down and kill'em all off to make room for soybeans and rice. :-)

-Jeff

#27184 03/21/02 01:17 PM

I'm being stupid I shouldn't do this oh what the hell... :-)

As for entropy, you're being extremely short-sighted. The entropy of the solar system continues to grow with time. The teeny-weeny-tiny-itsy-bitsy fluxuations on earth are merely part of that.

-Jeff

#27185 03/21/02 01:59 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jaif:

Besides, monkeys are our cousins. We have a common ancester, but evolved side-by-side. If it helps, they do better up in trees then we do.

------
I realize that you are being quite brave, just a question... Have you seen the movie Planet of the Apes?

I wonder why we are the only creatures to develop such an amazing brain... just by chance? And if it is by chance why do all humans have near identical DNA?

If we are truly evolving you would find humans at all stages of this evolution process, not all at the same step.

No flame intended... for educational purposes only.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved