Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27340 03/27/02 12:12 PM
OP Offline

its hard for me to even see that blured 3rd finger i cant see it the cocktail weenie effect , what does that mean anyway?

For the photoreading when i flip the pages and that it feels all annoying lol, and it doesnt help at all ,it does not help me know what any of the words mean, so whats the point of photoreading a book? , u wont know anything that happen its 4 mins of flipping the pages i just cant get it to be understood , for the dictionary game i got it right the first time only knowing where it was but to test if it was just luck i did it like 3 or 4 more times and got it wrong, so was it just luck? because nothing worked for me.

PLZ PLZ HELP I NEED URGENT HELP.

[This message has been edited by mathematician (edited March 27, 2002).]

First of all, realize, that like anything you do, be it physical activity or mental, it takes practice. I don't always see the blip page (its sometimes difficult depending on the size of the book Im photoreading and how I have it positioned) . If you can't see the blip page just be aware of the corners of the book and the white space in between all the words on the pages. I think of it as looking at pictures on each page. This I found has been quite effective if the blip page doesn't show up for you. Don't try to read the words when photoreading. Photoreading is a non-conscious process. The conscious part comes when you activate the material, which also takes practice. You have to get used to probing your unconscious mind for the info it has gathered. So it takes trust and practice, oh and did I mention practice. Play with the ideas, don't work hard at it. The harder you try the easier it is to create a block in the flow between your conscious/non-conscious mind. With regards to getting the cocktail weenie effect and thus the blip page, practice looking at stereograms. They require the same sort of soft focus and are fun at the same time. There are a few sites on the internet that display free stereograms (or SIRDS). If you have trouble finding the websites let me know. I hope this helps.

Do what greenlizard said.

When doing the photo reading step of the program you are not using your conscious mind. The more you concentrate and try to see or understand the words with this step the more you will "fail".

It is very very important to relax and be unstressed when using this program. Do relaxation exercises and meditation 1/2 hour or so before photoreading a book it is almost essential especially with analytical people like myself who tend to have to "know everything" and be in control all the time.

After you have allowed yourself to relax I find it for myself that using the tangerine effect and looking through the book to the floor beneath works well. Look through the book, the more the words are blured and unreadable the better with the photo reading step.

The more you concentrate your attention on the back of your head while looking through the book the better. You want your concious mind distracted from the print but not off thinking about what you need to do for tomorrow or what you are going to eat, be alert in the "NOW" but focused on the back of your head while flipping the pages.

The understanding of the material will come with the other steps of the program. If you have to use several of the activation steps multiple times don't worry about it this is normal. Remember this is a multipass program, unlike regular reading and speed reading where you read or skim a text only once.

It may seem slower to have to go back and rapid read, dip and super read several times, it is actually faster using this program versus the other ways and you get more out of the text while remembering it better and longer.

Hope this helps.

TC

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved