Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

it has been a while since i have been on here.

when pring, it is your unconscious mind that is doing the work, the chant is designed to keep your conscious mind off the current task, therefore i don't really think thinking other thoughts will be that bad. As long as you keep the state/relaxation whilst pring. As for the "i wonder if i am doing this right, is this going to work?" i think those may have a negative effect. Just relax. It is very hard to do the pr step wrong so long as you open your vision, relax and don't hard focus on the words.

Paul c

Paul C,

The chants help keep your state. Outside thoughts will oftentimes get you out of state. It's rather hard to maintain an alpha state while thinking of the errands you have to run, or if you did this or that.

Since my mind tends to wanders like a nomad, I have found it helpful to tell myself in #2 of the 3-2-1 that "Any outside thought or distraction will be intercepted and converted into energy to put me deeper into state." It seems to do the trick. It's rather fun to feel my brain making that conversion.

I view the "state" for optimal pr results like soil. The better prepared the soil, with all the nutrients and water, the better the pr harvest.

--BReeves

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved