Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
15 minutes for activation?

Spend 1/3 the time activating the book that you would spend reading it.

Then report your results.

You are not being fair to yourself or the system.

quote:
Originally posted by Dana Hanson:
15 minutes for activation?

Spend 1/3 the time activating the book that you would spend reading it.

Then report your results.

You are not being fair to yourself or the system.

Dana,

Am I unclear on what you are saying?? If you assume that the avg person reads at 200 wpm. Than if you spend 1/3 the time on activation that you would spend reading the book "normally" you would be reading at 600 wpm.

rhtaber,

You can expect those results initially. Over time, the more experience you have using the system, the faster you will become.

When I took one of the seminars, there was a boy of the age 12 or so in the class. He was initially tested at about 150wpm. By the end of the seminar, he was at 1000wpm. Most everybody else, enjoyed a 3x increase. There were experienced photoreaders whose speed was significantly higher.

LSC is playing it conservative. While LSC says you can photoread some 20,000+ wpm, Win Wenger, who wrote The Einstien Factor, says that number is paltry- one can photoread over 60,000 with above average comprehension. However, initially, your speed, per LSC, will be about 3x faster. And that is reasonable.

Look at it this way, before one is able to reach the peak of Mt. Everest, they must get to the base camps via other mountains. No self-respecting adventurer would settle for one of these smaller peaks when their goal is to climb Mt. Everest. Once they get to the base camps, it is not an immediate climb to the peak. It takes months for the human body to get acclimated to the increased elevation. Photoreading is the same. Give your body time to adjust to the assimilation of all this material. Get over, the smaller peaks first, such as getting better and better with each step of the process. Each step is important. Learn what works for you and what doesn't. Then you will find steady increases in your speed. Be glad you found the right "mountain".

I wish you all the best with the system,

BReeves

OP Offline

As a beginning PhotoReader, whether you graduate a live seminar or complete the self-study course, you'll be able to get through and comprehend your reading materials three times faster than the time it takes you spend right now with regular old reading.

If it would take you 10 hours to fully comprehend a book with regular reading, you'll comprehend it better, understand it more deeply, and retain it longer, spending about 3 hours with the PhotoReading process.

And as time goes on, you become more and more proficient.

quote:
Originally posted by rhtaber:

Dana,
Am I unclear on what you are saying?? If you assume that the avg person reads at 200 wpm. Than if you spend 1/3 the time on activation that you would spend reading the book "normally" you would be reading at 600 wpm.

Hey BReeves,

You said that PRers can get up to 60,000wpm. Does this factor in the time it takes to activate the material? Or would this be spontaneous activation?

Good question tylerhasseloff.

I know this would be true for spontaneous activation. However, I heard the 60k figure directly from Paul Scheele in one of his seminars last year. Maybe LSC could help out here. I guess the point here is that pr as we know it is not the end of the speed journey- I feel it is only the beginning. For right now, I'm content with pr.

However, let's qualify "activation". Not all the material that you activate will require you to super read & dip, rr, and mind map. You may choose just to super read and that will give you the comprehension you desire. Other times, you may mindmap- end of story. Pr speed should be considered in context. For example, you may drive 45mph on a country road at 6am and it is safe. However, drive on that same road at 7am in a school zone and 45mph is not safe- being ready for quick reaction neccesitates a slower speed. Let's take your literature you need to read for college. And let's say he wants you to read "Romeo & Juliet". Depending on what your professor wants you to get out of it (read detail), you may choose to activate using 2 or 3 methods thus "slowing" you down- still fast but slower. On the other hand, if you were to read Romeo & Juliet for the purpose of impressing your girlfriend, then pr and super read....(..or just read Cliff Notes) may suffice for your purpose; thus your "reading" will be at a higher wpm. (Of course, there maybe an exception to this. You may wish to find the topic "Planning for spontaneous activation" written by CommenSense- excellent reading! I have not tried yet- but I will.)

After much trial and error...(sorry, "undesired results"), the first question I no longer ask is, "How fast can I get through this material?" It is now, "How much detail do I need to comprehend?" I will then adjust my speed accordingly.

Hope this helps comrade,

BReeves

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved