Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27772 04/19/02 06:09 AM
OP Offline

Sorry I post this topic on this board, but the Genius Code board hasn't got enough traffic yet ... soo

Well, if you read through some of the reviews on Amazon.com of Win Wengers "Einstein Factor", many readers report that after doing Image Streaming religiously for a few weeks or months, they lost their ability to really focus ... they say that after a while Images just keep on Streaming in ... wouldn't that be kinda .. disturbing?

thanks
stefan

--------------------------------------------

and when the day arrives
i'll become the sky
and i'll become the sea

and the sea will come to kiss me
for i am going
home

nothing can stop me now

well, hmmm, I dont think its really that way. I think that you start to think more in images than words and stuff. Like on a test when you read an answer you get an image stream of someone saying that answer doing something that has something to do with nothing or anything

Hey X:

The reviewers didn't lose their ability to focus at all. They just began to focus their attention on the Image Stream instead.

Focus exists as a function of being conscious. Focus consists of how many bits of information you attend to. Focus consists of 7+-2 bits or chunks of attention. Thus, the reviewers began to concentrate on their Image Stream.

It's just like getting stuck on a song you hear on the radio. All it takes is to attend your focus to another song. Eventually, you forget about the first one.

Good luck, and...
CommonSense

[This message has been edited by CommonSense (edited April 19, 2002).]

Hi ,

I also encountered the same experiences as those reviewers. It makes me become more concious while falling asleep which drive me crazy. I also find myself daydreaming almost all day long...

OP Offline

Thanks for the replies ...
CommonSense: I'm sorry I was just looking for something to write I didn't really check if they really lost their ability to focus I admit I didn't do my homework ...
I definately know that one reviewer just kept being distracted by the constant flow of images (eg when driving) .. could have been bad handling on his part ...

what one certainly sees with the amazon reviews is the all-too-common "hate it or love it" attitude of most reviewers - they either love it or hate it ...

theerapun: cool, I've been daydreaming all day long as long as I can remember I'll check out the einstein factor for sure (at least); maybe I'll get the genius code afterwards, but let's take it one step at a time

---------------------------------------------
i woke up today
to find myself in the other place
with a trail of footprints
from where i ran away
it seems everything i've heard
just might be true
and you know me
(well you think you do)
sometimes, i have everything-
yet i wish i felt something

do you know how far this has gone?