Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
muriel Offline OP
OP Offline

hi
Ive had the photoreading course on tape for about five years. Many times throught this period i have tried to photoread. But without much success. I have read the same books over and over, photoread the manual I don't know how many times, but nothing seems to come in activation. I would say that my recall is about 10-20%.
When i did the dictionary test, and i have done it more than four times, every one is wrong.
The Blip page is very difficult to hold when i move my eyes down the page or the left hand side of the page is totally out of focus.
Any tips on how to improve this poor performance? IAm i missing some fundamental factors? Has any one else experienced this?

Hi,

First off, don't sweat the dictionary game too much. It isn't a indication of failure.

Secondly, your eyes are not moving when seeing the blip page. The blip page is a phenomenon associated with the photoreading step. In that step, you're focusing beyond the book so that your peripheral vision takes in the entirety of the open pages and their margins. You are flipping the pages while in this mode and its the pages that are moving, not your eyes. It does take some practice, though, to be able to maintain that state while the pages are flipping before you. It's ok if the words are out of focus.

That's a start. Hope it helps.

Administrator
Administrator

I found a site that explains a method for achieving photofocus. www.vision3d.com have a look at learning to see 3d.

With regard to activation try turning off your censor for a while. If you found the 20 to 25 trigger words when you previewed use them in your activation process. Don't expect the book to come together in a straight forward pattern. You are probably thinking of key words dumping them expecting the book to explain itself in one hit... do it piece by piece... grab the ideas that come to you... write them down and just keep writing... glance at the book for hints... it's not cheating ... play with it like putting together a childs jig saw puzzle... With activation...start writing and keep writing don't worry if you think its in the book or not... trust yourself. I think that is the most important part trusting yourself.

PhotoReading definately feels different

Good luck
Alex

muriel Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks for the advice.
I went to that site, very useful.
The thing is that I can see magic eye pictures easily. I can keep them out of focus while i move my eyes without much problem. But doing that with a book seems to be more difficult.I noted on another posting that you keep your eyes fixed in the centre of the page whilst flipping. I don't recall that from my manual. Is that a new feature?
I have had moments when the words appear to float on top of each other. like in a magic eye picture, but as sson as this happens I must tense up and my eyes refocus. The thing is i can remeber what the page looked like, but if i try to access this memory it goes away, it is like it is on the tip of my tounge, or looking through a patchy mist. any advice on that anyone?
Thanks for your time
muriel

Muriel,
First, have you been in contact w/ someone who is your personal coach at LS?

Next, why not start at the beginning and post here as you go along? Maybe we can help.

I experienced success even before i learned to PhR because i practiced each step and was amazed at the whole system approach.

So, why not just do PREPARE. Read up on Prepare and do it a number of times. And, then use these questions as your guide posts:

1. What am i doing differently from the book/course?

2. Do i really have my Quiet Scene down?

3. Do i use any of the Prepare techniques for other areas in my life?

4. What value on a scale of 1--10 do i place these prepare techniques i've learned?

You know, the Prepare Step changed my life I started practicing Prepare techniques and saw a change for the better and felt like the course was worth the $$$ just for that one step.

good luck

muriel Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks for your help margaret.
I will try out your advice, and break the steps down. practice each one and not try to run before i can walk. You know how it is, I already know some of the problems i am having can be solved from the information I already have. It is better for me to have people to find the solutions with. AS always the solutions lie within.
Thanks again for your suggestion, any other points other people have would be welcomed.
Thanks every one.
muriel.

muriel Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks for your help margaret.
I will try out your advice, and break the steps down. Practice each one and not try to run before i can walk. You know how it is, When you know the problems u are having can be solved from the information you already have. But the important information hides itself!

It is better for me to have people to find the solutions with.

Thanks again for your suggestion, any other points other people have would be welcomed.
Thanks every one.
muriel

Muriel,
Be sure to post back here w/ questions and comments on your Prepare step experiences.

My personal feeling and experience is that Prepare is what gets us into the accelerated learning state of mind or just alpha brainwave.

I have worked for these last years to anchor this alpha bw pattern by using my 3-fingers. Any time i'm at a loss to know more about something--i feel i should know more of, i just quickly enter the alpha bw state of mind via my anchor of 3-fingers and a deep breath. I can even enter this state w/ my eyes open, but i get totally consistent results from closing them.

So you have read a book and your recall is zip. Ok. State something specific you want to recall like: ...... Next, go to your quiet scene and take 5 minutes to sink/float into the alpha bw. You should start to get information along the lines of what you were asking about.

Say, you have a VERY thick book and you really can't tell by the contents where to go for some information. If you just take a few minutes to sink into your quiet scene/alpha and ask yourALPHAself where in the book should you look, you may suddenly get the idea to look towards the back third of the book.

Thing is this: Don't TEST yourself. Don't put yourself at any risk. No. Put to work the techniques you have learned and don't even question how they work. Tell yourself: Hey, it's just a technique that soooo many people have used. I don't need to be special to use this technique. I'll just do it and let it work for me.

[This message has been edited by Aaron (edited April 20, 2003).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved