Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#27999 05/02/02 09:13 PM
sakara Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,
I have read the book, I have watched a video program about photoreading but unfortunately I still have some very important questions.

Everything is fine by starting till photofocusing but when I start activating...
Well I have to study for my state exam in 3 weeks - 2000 pages at least!
I have one book with 700 pages which I should finish in 10 days: it is a kind of script about the most important facts I should know. When I photofocus 100 pages in one session and try to activate the very next day, I donīt know how to start and how to end because there are so many questions.
I try to get an overview. Then I try RapidReading. I have to read very carefully and slow because the text is complex and full of very important details. After 10 pages I feel so groggy I interrupt the reading which is not helpful I think.
Then I mark the text with colours and construct a mind map of each chapter which takes a lot of time and power.

Is there anybody out there who could give me some advice about activating a very complex book with comprehension rate of 80 - 90 %? I would be very grateful.

Thank you much.

PS: Sorry for my bad English, this is what is left after 10 years of finishing E. lessons.

#28000 05/02/02 09:17 PM
sakara Offline OP
OP Offline

PPS: If one can activate the photofocused test, is it activated for the next years, whole life, a few weeks???
Or only for the time period of the goal of taking the exam or holding a speech or whatever???

#28001 05/02/02 09:43 PM

Sakara:

What kind of test?

What kind of answers will you have to give - essay or multiple choice?

How many topics? What do the questions address for each topic (details or concepts)?

How many questions per topic? How many of what types of questions are asked?

I used the PWMS on my state bar exams and did very well. Let me know how I can help.

-CommonSense

#28002 05/02/02 10:18 PM
sakara Offline OP
OP Offline

HI Common sense,
thank you for your answer.

Well it is a National State Exam in Medicine.
It is an oral test.
It starts in the morning with examining patients (maybe should PR some books about skills??),
putting a well-structured paper about the case together,
meeting the other 3 students and 4 professors (Internal Medicine, Surgery, Urology, Dermatology),
presenting the patient, answering questions

Then answering the questions of the professors for at least 4 hours. They can ask whatever they want to, so I canīt tell how many questions to which topics and what kind of answers they would like to hear.
I suppose most of them prefer well structured answers with a concept and the more the student knows the more details they ask, I think. You know how different professors can be.
Some professors prefer special details right in the beginning and it depends on their mood and so on.....Officially there is no limit of topics.

Medicine is not that complicated but very deep and broad to study. I mean facts, facts, facts and sometimes the facts are even logical :-)).

For example:
My book about Internal Medicine has 11 big Chapters (700 pages, small printed text, almost no graphics or tables or pictures)
For example: Chapter 2 is about Cardiology:
10 Subtitles, 150 pages pure information.

I thought about PR several books about one Chapter, but activating only one book because of my time limit.

I am curious and I am motivated and kinda frustrated b/o so much stuff. Thatīs why I started with PR. Wished I would have known about PR a few years ago.

Hope you can give me some good advice.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved