Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28422 05/23/02 07:06 PM
OP Offline

were you more intelligant than the other kids that you were said to be a jerk or what not? (dont give the therapy, thats not what I mean)

#28423 05/23/02 08:00 PM

I was the student teachers liked because I always did my homework and paid attention in class.

Was I smarter? not necessarily .. I just did my homework. I didn't want to be at school, it bored me. Teachers knew that but I was always polite and respectful to them and others so it was ok.

I was the fat kid people made fun of, especially since teachers liked me.

Tracey~

#28424 05/24/02 06:27 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I might have been intelligent but was bored at school... The only subject I did any good in is the one where I had no teacher, I learnt by correspondence. My fellow classmates resented the fact that I never studied for tests... I had the attitude that if I didn't learn it in class in the first place I'm not going to learn it the night before a test. Most of my report cards read
"although an 'average' student... is achieving 'better' than average results". For some reason I still feel insulted. Even then I wondered what would have happened if I had actually made an effort to learn but since I knew I would not continue with my education beyond highschool it seem pointless. I had to leave school at 17 and started working full time and studied for a career over the next 4 years (my diploma is worth zip).

For homework only the math teacher ever assigned any. Continue on from what we did in class for 20 minutes everynight. I usually just ruled off 1/3 of what we did in class and called it homework.

Yep they thought I was weird, generally avoided me.

Alex

#28425 05/26/02 08:37 PM

Ah, back in my elementary days, at my school, everything was effortless, and I made A's and B's. After my parents' divorce and me getting a girlfriend at the beginning of 7th grade, my grades began to drop. Now, I've been trying to rework my life as far as that goes (PhotoReading included in this journey.) and my grades are coming up slowly.

As far as how I was treated during my golden age, and soon to return golden age, I've always been a goofball, but there have been a few years where I was made fun of for

A.) my haircut
B.) my intelligence
C.) my perspective on life in general

Yeah, I really hated a lot of those kids. Eventually, nearly all of them got to know me and I became "one of the coolest in the school." Coincidentally:my grades dropped as that happened.

Since learning PhotoReading, I am again being made fun of for now:having this large vocabulary, and general knowledge of the human brain/psychology.

(Half of the kids I know can't even spell psychology, so I feel really alienated.)

#28426 05/27/02 01:34 AM

Yeah I was smart. I did well. An A grade student. I was good at sports. I excelled at some sports but not all. I learned early that you don't flaunt your abilities. I also learned that public school doesn't require you to do much more thatn pay attention, and you'll do well. Home-work was never necessary. As for studying, the hardest I ever studied was for finals in Algebra in last year of High school. I read my notes one afternoon.

I was never socially isolated. I wasn't in the A crowd. Heck, I didn't know there was an A crowd, until one of my buddies said "She's in the A crowd". My response was "Who's in the A Crowd?" and "Who says they're in the A crowd?". I'm internally validating and haven't paid much attention to other peoples valuations.

... sorry rambling.

Yeah, I'm smart. Not the smartest person I know. Definitely not the most knowledgeable person I know. However, there's few cobwebs upstairs.

No never was called a nerd. I didn't look the part, but I knew all the nerds. I didn't play D&D or chess or read Sci-Fi with then, but I wouldn't call them names... well I didn't all anyone names. I mean why? Belittling others just tells everyone you feel worthless, and I never did. I always felt special.... at least until university. But that's another story.... end of second ramble. *LOL*

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved