Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#28463 05/25/02 04:51 PM
Gareth Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex
Thanks for that explanation, I’m sure it’ll help with my acceptance of the need to activate. I’m still convinced though that the PhotoReading step is by far and a way the most important and that activation helps but shouldn’t be heavily relied on. So I plan to PR about 10,000 pages a day for the next week and see if my attempts at practice exams improves. This should show me if activation really is necessary and then I can try some activation as well to see if things improve any more.

Let’s face it the recommendation is to play with the system to see what works for each individual so hopefully this will work for me. Maybe I should say that I believe this WILL work for me.

I’d be interested to hear if anyone who’s successful with the system just chanced upon a method that works for them or whether they decided what would work and just made it do so. Margaret, Tracey, anyone?

#28464 05/25/02 04:54 PM

CommonSense, You make sense. Thanks for the advise about piracetam.

#28465 05/26/02 05:09 AM

youngprer, So I made a mistake for writing too fast. Big deal! I think in numbers anyway. JEEJEJE!

#28466 05/25/02 06:09 PM
Hel Offline

Gareth, answering questions in a practice exam IS activation. In fact, when we PR lots, just about anything that happens is/could be activation of something we have PR'ed.

I once reported on PRing the French/English dictionary, text book, grammar everyday for, I am not sure any more, a couple weeks. I didn't do 'deliberate' activation; French class itself was the activation.

CommonSense, I ordered the Rapid Reading book you recommended and it arrived a week ago. Looks promising, haven't had time to work with it yet. *sigh* When I have a book I want to read, then I tend to get greedy and want to get every word of it, including the 80% that contains only 20% of the useful info. So I do end up wanting to rapid read. Trouble is, I am a slow rapid reader, due to subvocalization. I really look forward to getting that under control. Thanks for the tip.

[This message has been edited by Hel (edited May 25, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Hel (edited May 25, 2002).]

#28467 05/25/02 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gino:
youngprer, So I made a mistake for writing too fast. Big deal! I think in numbers anyway. JEEJEJE!

Well hey! Thanks. JEEJEJE!

The system is not hard to learn. In fact, nearly nothing is hard to learn. You just need to have a method that works for you. Activation is anything but traditional.

In the activation steps, the information is fueled, and guided by the PhotoReading step, which accelerates the entire process. After only 30-45 minutes, you should be able to start answering some questions about the book using the activation techniques.

I've also heard that Direct Learning is really amazing to go along with activation and will really prove that the PhotoReading step is indeed essential!

Doing some research, I found out that in Natural Brilliance, the personal learning course/book you can get information on Direct Learning, and that Natural Brilliace itself was originally going to be:

PhotoReading II.

*Gasp.* Yeah. Awesome, I know.

#28468 05/25/02 06:16 PM
Hel Offline

youngprer, you never cease to amaze me with your depth of understanding. I am glad you seem to have calmed down. Rest well.

#28469 05/25/02 06:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hel:
youngprer, you never cease to amaze me with your depth of understanding. I am glad you seem to have calmed down. Rest well.

Well thanks. I've been sick all day. . .had to stay home from school yesterday. Too bad I don't have money for the QiGong course, eh?

For the heck of it, I ordered the free QiGong and PR tapes. They're kewl! Paul's voice sounds different than I would expect. Experienced PhotoReaders, and practitioners of QiGong will get a real kick out of watching those videos. Hehehehe.

One disappointment though. I was hoping whenever Paul popped up on the screen I'd get to see some blazing speeds.

How old is that stuff? Looks like it's somethin' like from 92-95?

[This message has been edited by youngprer (edited May 25, 2002).]

#28470 05/25/02 07:07 PM
Hel Offline

I ordered the free PR video twice.The first time when I ordered the PRPLC. It arrived with the course all right, but it was broken so I couldn't view it. The second time I ordered it with the NB course, and whoever packed the order didn't put it in. So I still haven't seen it yet.

I would like to learn SFQ too. What impression did you get from the video? Does it look like it's something you would like to learn/practise?

#28471 05/26/02 04:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hel:

I would like to learn SFQ too. What impression did you get from the video? Does it look like it's something you would like to learn/practise?

Oh yeah. Looks like something that can definitely be predicted and mastered. When I was a little kid, I was able to do all sorts of weird things. Search for the topic that happened earlier in the year on telekenisis, and how many talk about there being some way to use Qi for that purpose.

I believe, however, that some of the reasons, how's, and why's need to be discovered. The mystery behind QiGong and even PhotoReading is very interesting.

Appearantly on the free SFQ vid, there's THOUSANDS of QiGong techniques, and some of which are extremely complicated and even kept SECRET.

That is indeed fascinating. Perhaps this is The Force of the real world? The concept of a universal energy that flows through everything is exactly what Qi is.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved