Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Should you be able to recognise the words or characters while photoreading, or is the entire word a blur? Should my eyes be crossed, should I see two images from each eye overlap each other? Please help, new to photoreading...

Administrator
Administrator

G'day JCDenton,

Words will appear to be a blur... that is correct.

No to crossing your eyes... you want a divergent gaze. Your aim is to use parallel vison. How to do it you'll find it explained with pictures here www.vision3d.com/dots.html

To practice we have found looking at the 3D images to be one of the easiest ways to get the feel of it. The images should pop out of the page. You can try them out here http://www.eyetricks.com/3dstereo.htm

There are a number of good sized images here, try printing a few it is often easier to get the knack of it on the printed version rather than on a computer screen.

Remember not everyone can see 3D stereograms so there are other methods to help you achieve a parallel view of the book as explained in the book and course.

You should be getting a blip page, when you go to the vision3d site be sure to scroll down and click on the frankfurter experiment link, aka the cocktail wienie.

Alex

Photoreading Book page 47
“When in PhotoFocus, the print on the page is probably blurred. This is okay, because to see the blip, you must place your focal plane at some distance away. To have ""clarity"" up close, you will need to relax your eyes and have the focal plane move in. When you develop PhotoFocus there is a unique ""clarity"" and depth to the words on the page.”

Stereoscopic Animated Hypercube
This is some real good practice
Press stereo 3 times http://dogfeathers.com/java/hyprcube.html

Yes you must be able to read the words in the blip where text doesn’t overlap each other.

[This message has been edited by Dudie (edited June 11, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Dudie (edited June 11, 2002).]

if you listen to the tapes, or read the book, you will probably find out the answer to your question... i havent read all of the book but i assume its in there somewhere. read first ask later

Dan Offline

quote:
Originally posted by JCDenton:
Should you be able to recognise the words or characters while photoreading, or is the entire word a blur? Should my eyes be crossed, should I see two images from each eye overlap each other? Please help, new to photoreading...

I don't usally reply to questions(there are so many people here that seem to know alot more about the PR system than me). I want to save you some wasted time in your Photofocus state...the 3d pictures should become inverted not pop out.I had to reteach myself for the last 3 weeks as I had been crossing my eyes. I practice learning this by looking at the stereogram and slowing moving a page with writting on it in to my view, while playing and noticing what happens to the letters...play with this.. see what happens.. relax and experiment..relax

Go for it !!

quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
...the 3d pictures should become inverted not pop out.I had to reteach myself for the last 3 weeks as I had been crossing my eyes.

Hm..I'm not sure about this. I see stereograms pop out, and I'm sure that I do not cross my eyes. For seeing stereograms and for PhotoFocus, you want to diverge your eyes. Divergence is the movement of both eyes temporally, while convergence (crossing) is the movement of both eyes nasally.

As for the 'inverted' issue, this is from Magic Eye's website:

MOST MAGIC EYE IMAGES are built to be viewed by allowing your eyes to diverge, as if
you're focused on an object more distant than the printed page. If you cross your eyes you
will also see 3D, but you will invert the image (see the image inside out).

Hope this helps,
-dan

OP Offline

Thanks for the reply guys

Dan Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dan G:
[B] Hm..I'm not sure about this. I see stereograms pop out, and I'm sure that I do not cross my eyes.

Hi Dan G what a great name When you look at the Random Dot Stereogram it is if you are looking in to a cave and the letters are perfectly clear ...the other way the picture looks like a rose bud and the letters are hard to tell but it pops out from my page about 12-18" pretty cool but not the right thing.

go back and read my post on May 26 regarding over convergence (Cross eyed)

But this is only my understanding

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited June 11, 2002).]

hm..i suppose it could depend on which stereogram you were looking at. which one are you referring to?

Administrator
Administrator

Dan,
Normally they do pop out when you are using parallel focus... Check out the vision 3D site it explains the parallel view and crossed eyed view. It sounds to me like you have a unique vision. Read the the info on this site http://www.eyetricks.com/stereograms/stereowhy.htm it may help to understand why it works differently for some people... it doesn't mean they're broken This site may help some people to find their optimal photofocus distance for photoreading.

On the issues of blurred and blip page...
Blip page is a tool and *not* everyone sees it and *not* everyone needs to see it in order to be a successful photoreader.

Blurred is desirable for photoreading... no words need be clear in fact if you find yourself recognising words in focus. Turn the book over and photoread upside down so that you remain in photofocus. If you're recognising words within the blip page you're pulling yourself out of photofocus because the conscious mind is coming into picture. As beginning Photoreaders can attest maintaining photofocus isn't easy when the conscious mind starts reading. So its unnecessary to search for clear words within the blip page i.e it doesn't matter if you can see words clearly or not.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited June 12, 2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved