Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline

Thanks for being patient with me, Margaret. Where do you suggest I start? How do I get the mind state to succeed at PR? What should I be looking at so that I know I am on the right path to mastering photoreading? Thanks in advance.

SD,
First, i'd not bother too much w/ PhRing at this time. I actually think you probably already know it well enuff.

I'd make it a point to listen to Self Esteem Supercharger once daily. Do it at different times too. Morning, midmorning, afternoon, night, before bed. I'll not go into explanations here. Once a day at different times. Maybe a few days in the morning before you get out of bed. Then a few days around lunch time. Like that.

Next, write down your goals...all of them. Just layer them and take your time. If it takes you 5 days to get them written down and worded positively, then so be it. A goal has these specific qualities: It has to be worthwhile to you. It needs to be valuable to you. It must be measurable and testable. It has to be achievable. It must be stated postively.

Start thinking about all the good and worthwhile things you have accomplished. I mean ALL of them. It'd be good for you to list them. You might surprise yourself. What nice thing did you do for someone today? It all counts when you are building self esteem. Your whole being needs to know how much you mean to yourself, your family and to society...in a real and vital and knowing manner.

If you miss 4 out of 10 questions, you must focus first on the 4 you got right and tell yourself you'll build on that. Never look at anything in your life as a deficiency. You are layering and building on success. So, you have to acknowledge ALL of your successes. Don't downgrade any success no matter how small.

Be honest w/ yourself by using the indirect method of rating yourself 1---10. If you rate yourself as a 2 in something, then if you can just get to 3 or 4 in the near future, then this is to be considered a success to build on. This also automatically implies not comparing yourself w/ others. In the medical field there a plenty of egoistical people. It comes w/ the territory.

Go to level if you can to do this. Level means, relax your physical being and mental being. Listen to a paraliminal like 10 minute SC and turn it off before he starts to count back up. Create a quiet scene(s) for yourself. This should be a place you can always feel safe in. A place where you can make changes mentally for your success. I have now come to the conclusion that one basic quiet scene is fine, but from there we can then go to others. Like for you, once you have your quiet scene down and anchored, you can then go to the scene of the test and just program how you will act and do there. Then go back to the original quiet scene and count back up.

Well, this is enough for now. As you can see, i think your problem areas are in solid self esteem. You don't build true self esteem w/ good grades only. True self esteem comes from self approval and self love. When you approve and love yourself, it just naturally flows into your patients and others. Self esteem allows us to feel safe and capable anywhere and under any circumstances. It says: I may not know how to do this, but i'm sure i'll either figure it out later or get help here. I'll go to level and program getting the help i need. Every thing i need to know will be revealed to me. Everything i need comes to me. All is well in my life.

Then after a couple months of this regimen, check out PhRing and activating.

If you have any questions please ask. I don't think it's in your best interests to tell you to read this or that book. But, if you want references then ask.

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited June 13, 2002).]

SD,
The most amazing stuff floats up when we spend 10-15 minutes in deep alpha. The VERY things that are hindering your PhRing success will very possibly float up to you if you just go to level for 5-15 minutes 3 times a day. I am not successful at activating. I want to be successful at activating. Done.

BUT, notice what fleeting thoughts may surface later in the day or whenever.

I have known for ages that i have some deep fear of intuition. I just couldn't put my finger on why. Finally, after more than a year, i just sat down and went to level and said: I have this problem of being afraid of my intuition. I don't want to be afraid of my intuition.

Somewhere during the last week a memory surfaced. I forgot it and it floated up again and i forgot it again. Finally it floated up and i caught it. I was 15. I went to school that day. Suddenly walking down the hall, i had a terrible thought about my father. Something terrible had happened & i prayed. Went home & told my mother. Couple hours later a call came: He had been in a horrific accident; had been given last rites & she'd better get there fast if she wanted to see him alive. So, i have finally, after at least a year or so, realized why i have this fear of my intuition. I am working on releasing it when i go to level a little at a time. It doesn't feel like it can just disappear because it's roots are pretty deep in my psyche. I've just given you an example to show you that things that hold us BACK are not ugly or terrible. They are challenges to us. You are being challenged in order to become a wonderful doctor and human being. You will come out of this a better person and human being.

One last thing: PhRing is probably the best self improvement program out there because it really exposes our weaknesses. Nothing has ever exposed me to myself like PhRing has. For anyone w/ issues, PhRing is an education in itself. You can fail at it & get upset and you can be terrific at it and still get up set.

My hat is off to the kids and people who just do it & happily go on their merry way. You people who just go on your merry way, have some kind thoughts for those of us who can't

Hel Offline

Well, my hat is off to you, Margaret. You are such a great help for everyone here. I think one reason is you are always speaking from experience. You are doing your hard work on yourself for all of us. Thank you very much.

Catch, lots of loving and joyful thoughts coming your way.

I waited quite a while before reading this thread. Since I'm greedy and read those things I think will have value to me.

Here are some observations:

I think SDstudent now understands Margaret's post. Personally, I all the questions about medical questions as ways for you form positive goals. And yes SD, your language was negative and I can see the victim role that Margaret speaks of.

Maragaret always give great advice, but Alex and the others are right too. You need more than just PR to pass. You used to complete 70% of the exam; now you complete it all. PR is to thank for that. However, PR alone can't add skills, unless you use it at a learning tool for those skills (Verbal Reasoning) as others have suggested.

As for the self-esteem issue. I would use NLP. I'm not sure I should have suggested this, since you should probably deal with the Verbal Reasoning thing first.

Just some thoughts from a older fella. BTW, they are not meant to be harmful words.

Good Luck SD.

P.S. How many time can you take this exam?

We all love you ,SDstudent. You can do it! You deserve it! You are worth it! Mom and Dad love you very much.

Hel Offline

ditto

Thanks All for your positive comments.

At least SD can feel how much we are rooting for him to succeed. In my book of life, i am free to enjoy the success of others as well as my own. This is one reason i always check out this DF.

Thanks to all for this thread! SDstudent, as a fellow studnet I know how you're feeling. Incidentally I've got exams coming up myself. I wish you the best with your studies!

Margaret, thank you for the advice you gave me this time last year. I'm currently using those techniques in my revision.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved