Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29121 06/26/02 02:30 AM
OP Offline

In The Einstein Factor Win Wenger says one should "approach the theta state" before photoreading. From what I know about hypnosis, theta is rather deep and takes a lot of practice to reach. This is contrary to what I've heard in that one should not spend more than a few seconds getting relaxed before photoreading. Basically it's a matter of deep versus light alpha...who's right?

#29122 06/26/02 02:58 AM

Your understanding concurs w/ Anna Wise who wrote The High Performance Mind.

I know i don't use any theta for PhRing. I didn't notice it in his book. Gotta check it out.

#29123 06/26/02 03:08 PM
Administrator
Administrator

The theta state is great for meditation and deep thinking but it takes the presence of some alpha to be able to remember the ideas and inspirations that occur at these levels. A very deep level of alpha is excellent for photoreading and learning in general if you can remain focused, most people wind up going into a daydream. Remember that theta is even harder to maintain with eyes open. So if you are able to get relaxed enough to enjoy a brief period in theta enjoy, because when you open your eyes to photoread you will move back up to alpha... which is necessary if you want more than a post hypnotic suggestion from what you photoread.

Deep alpha is not necessarily the best state for the beginner as the closer we get to theta and delta states the harder it is to recall the learning that has taken place. With practice of things like dream recall, image streaming and deliberatly following the proceedure for entering the accelerated learning state for photoreading and study, deeper levels of alpha becomes more natural in the learning process. Like an exercise program for the brain... the more practice weight lifting the faster and more we can lift till we reach our own optimal *personal* level.

The concern should not be how deep in alpha one is... it's a matter of practicing to improve ones use of alpha and allowing it to become the personal optimal best for the task you wish to perform. Already just the presence of a light alpha state improves memory, retention and understanding of learned material. Making the learning process easier.

So light versus deep isn't really the argument... It is using alpha to learn at whatever point you start at and learning to use alpha better and perhaps deeper with practice.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved