Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#29187 07/02/02 02:19 PM

I have owned the course for just under 1 year and I've had no results from it yet (apart from the dictionary game, in which I got a score of 9/15 on my first go). I haven't had any results because there simply aren't enough hours in the day to put the practise in. I've no doubt that if I could spend the time to practise, I would master the system eventually.

I'm reading Tony Buzan's books at the moment. A good one to read is "Head Strong" because it explains how the brain works and shows how what we have been taught in school is nowhere near the full potential of the brain. Now, he doesn't mention Photoreading in the books but from what he writes, you can see how it can work.

#29188 07/03/02 10:44 AM

Interestingly enough, I was reading though Buzan's "Speed Reading" book last night and it mentions people who "speed read" by mentally photographing entire pages at a time. He obviously doesn't mention the words "Photoreading" or "Activation" or anything like that, but he's effectively describing a very similar system.

#29189 07/03/02 02:59 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Er a silly question but how long do you think it's taking you to regular read that book? It would be excellent for practicing on I think. If you don't have time for photoreading how do you have time to regular read a book? You managed so well on the dictionary game. Why aren't you previewing and flipping pages in photofocus? It only takes 10 minutes and the books done... you leave the activation for the next day anyway... sit down for 20 minutes activation the next day call it quits if you must. In that first 30 minutes you've probably gleaned a fair bit of juicy information from the book too.

Since you've managed the dictionary game you don't have problems with photofocus. Use the same soft expanded gaze and relaxation you used for the dictionary game... if the blip page concept is irking you. By the third listening of the relaxation exercise given for the dictionary game you'll be able to relax by yourself... won't even neet that tape.

Where are you really stuck, bujin?

Sorry if I seem to be challenging you but it's a shame to have the course for a year, believe in it and not enjoy the benefits.

Alex

#29190 07/09/02 09:11 AM

You make some good points, Alex. The main problem I have is motivation. When I first pick up a book that I'm excited about, I try to read at every opportunity because I'm motivated to learn. However, after a while, my motivation drops. Sure, I could photoread the books quicker than regular reading them, but since I haven't learned the system yet, it would take the extra time to learn it first. Time which I just don't have at the moment. My A+ Computer Technician course finishes this week. Maybe I'll have a tiny bit more time to learn it. And I DO intend to learn it. But there are many things that I want to learn.

BTW - the blip page has never been a problem for me. I've been able to do that sort of thing since I was about 8 years old.

(EDIT: and on re-reading that, I realise that I used the word "learn" FAR too many times. )

[This message has been edited by bujin (edited July 09, 2002).]

#29191 07/09/02 03:33 PM
Administrator
Administrator

bujin,

From what you write I am impressed to see just how close you are to breakthrough. You know so much about the system and just haven't put it all together yet.

I remember when I read the forum discussions before I got received the course I had the impression that its going to take ages to learn. I was surprised when I got the course just how fast I learnt it, The rest was just practice. And all I had to do was listen to the tapes once and do the exercises as they came up.

The way I got myself motivated was by recognising that LSC was working with accelerative learning techniques and therefore each side of the tape would represent a start and stop period of no more than 45 to 50 minutes in a sitting. I reasoned that they would have prepared the course so that it uses the optimum focus for learning period. It seems I was right. It was easy to listen to only one side of the tape when I had time and to carry on with the next one when I was ready.

My five year old nephew was in his first running race he was leading the way when he saw the finishline with the paper tape that he was supposed to run through. When he saw the tape it became a physical barrier to him and he slowed down and came second. He didn't know he could break the tape.

I'll let you think about what I mean by including that story about my nephew.

Alex

#29192 07/10/02 12:39 AM

Don't listen to all of them. It IS a scam! I can't take this trash! Blurring your eyes. Pish! What kind of crapola is this?!

I'm just jokin' dude. The system works. I'm from TX, everyone. Trust me, just calm down, relax, and take Dana's advice that he has to give. You can and will become successful with the system if you wish to be. You'll enjoy it, believe me.

On the other hand, it is true what everyone says. A scam with a money back garentee simply doesn't exist.

#29193 07/10/02 03:35 PM

I am convinced that PR does work if you give it the time. As I said before, I had some success with the dictionary game, and last night, I was doing some last minute revision for the A+ exam I was supposed to be doing (but didn't end up doing!). I decided to pseudo-Photoread - flicking through the book at quite a high speed, but not bothering with the previewing step or with the relaxation techniques. I decided, for a laugh, to give myself a little test. I covered up the bottom half of the book so I couldn't see the page numbers, then I turned to a random page and picked out a heading. I then tried to guess the page number. I did this 5 times. Results? I got two spot on, one within 5 pages and the others nowhere near. So approximately 50% success rate. Not bad!!

A lot of people don't believe in PR because it sounds ridiculous compared to what they're used to. I believed it was possible before, going by the evidence, especially that given from well known and respected people, such as Paul McKenna. Having read Tony Buzan's Speed Reading and Use Your Head books, it becomes even more plausible. Buzan is obviously a well respected person in his field of research. He doesn't specifically mention PR, but he does say that the mind can take information in in 1/500th (or is that 5/100ths?) of a second (quoting tests done where people were shown a word for such a short space of time and asking them to repeat the word). He also mentions expanding the field of view to take in more information at a time (but while he mentions whole pages, he usually refers to several lines at a time).

Anyway. I think that my biggest problem, aside from motivation, is that while I may be able to find 1 hour here and 1 hour there to attempt to learn the system, there are never a set of consecutive days where I can get into the habit of learning it - and I think I'd benefit from learning a bit every day rather than some today, some next Tuesday and some the following Monday, and so on... However, I have a week off work in just over 1 week.

I WILL take it up again. £200 is a lot of money for a bright green box that does nothing by the side of my bed...

#29194 07/12/02 05:14 AM

10 bux says your a noobie who tried to learn it too quickly and cause he was disapointed he is now p**sed off and is taking it out on the company.

my 2c.

PS. Philips your a noobie. A newbie.

#29195 07/12/02 07:38 AM

Hi everyone! I have studied the book and I am now waiting for the course coming by DHL. I have "a huge pile of reading material" to go through, and I already made some progress with PR. I just keep on using it. About Philips: maybe he is just upset over how people could be successful, so he just tries to shoot down the opportunity and scare away people? There is only one sure way to know the truth and that is to observe it by yourself. Be sure you do it the right way and give it a fare chance. There is no "free lunch", it takes effort to make it. But not as much as with the methods learn "the normal way".

#29196 07/12/02 02:07 PM

I will now summarize what I said earlier into six simple words. Because. . .everyone's advice is great, but. . .it's simple.

FREE UNLIMITED COACHING

and

MONEY BACK GARENTEE

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved