Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29199 06/28/02 09:36 PM
Flutie Offline OP
OP Offline

Even though they charge a high price for the course I don't believe that it is a scam - infact I would go as far to say that it is a good investment provided you are dedicated and disciplined - I cannot say it has worked for me but it has worked for at least 3 close friends of mind who are really having a ball with it.

One of the reasons that it has not worked for me is because I have not had time to work on it - I sincerely believe if you don't give it an hour of effort each day at least 5 times a week (this is what my friends have done) don't believe you will be able to make the learning process second nature to you as you desire.

For best results while you are learning the course, there is a necessity for being in peak mental and emotional state - if you approach it as a chore and want to go through the motions you will find yourself spinning your wheels. This too has been one of main reasons for my inability to benefit from the course; I basically am in a perpetual panicked and anxious state when I have to learn something new so I have suffered on those counts as well.

The course is a good one and you will get out of it what you put into it - and since it depends so much on your mind it's imperative that your mind is at its best when you try to go through this.

Regards,

Flutie

Flutie--
The best advice I can give you is: 1.) read the book 2.)Listen to the tapes, before bed works best for me. 3.)every now and then, re-read the book and listen to the tapes one or two times a month. Keep up affirmations and practice.

You're doing great; a lot of people would have given up by now, and I'm glad you're still pursuing it.

Good luck with it buddy. You'll get it =)

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Administrator
Administrator

I know what you mean about the mental chore. It works best if you don't think about it and just do it. When we start thinking about 1 hour per day 5 days per week it does becomes a chore.

Interesting report I read last night is that when people do something creative for reward they become less creative. They become concerned about their performance and they to contain themselves doing the minimum necessary to get the reward. This even happens when we set our own goal like becoming a proficient photoreader, we know our reward would be to have more free time, easier studying or better grades etc. So we do the minimum and become concerned about our performance.

The folks that look at photoreading as an enjoyment unto itself find they have faster success with it. It seems that some thing we need to do just for the heck of it and forget what good can come of it if we succeed or not. That is probably why Paul keeps telling you to play with it.

Flutie you don't have to learn to photoread, you invested in it because inwardly you knew you could learn to photoread. Don't worry about 'learning it' just play with it. Play the tapes, experiment with the games. Just to see how far you can go. You can play with it by playing 1 side of a tape per day every second day if you want. You play 1 side see what happens and then let it go. The play the other side notice what you did well this time then let it go. And so on. Yep your friends might have learnt it 1 hour per day 5 days per week and there's nothing wrong with enjoying the scenery while you become acquainted with a new reading technique. Go with the flow... your flow that is.

If putting the tape in makes you anxious then I suggest you have a baseball bat ready in case it comes snapping at you (Ok bad humour). Have fun with it.

Alex

Flutie Offline OP
OP Offline

What I really meant by "chore" was just going through the motions for the sake of it rather than "really getting into it". One of my photoreading buddies put it best, "This course is for those people who don't put limits on themselves - unfortunately the majority of such people don't have the patience for this course"

Flutie

Administrator
Administrator

Do you really want to be one of those people who limit themselfs flutie?

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved