Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2617 02/09/01 04:11 AM
OP Offline

Hello,
please read: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwgen/message/1228
and tell me your thoughts.

After both advocating and defending paraliminal tapes on the bwgen yahoogroup, a man posted that message. The night sky is now alight.

My revelation is as follows:
"I use paraliminal tapes, because I have not taken the time to learn and master NLP. Were I to learn and practice NLP daily, I would gain benefits greater than paraliminals have thus far offered me."

If anyone reading this has mastered NLP and daily puts it into practice, please tell me if he or she thinks that the above thought rings true. How do your results with proactive NLP compare with those of paraliminals?

He writes:
"Sure, for remedial change, a Paraliminal may do an excellent job, but for generating new states, for seeing how far we can take
consciousness, we need to stop catching the bus, and learn how to drive it ourselves."

what are your thoughts?

#2618 02/09/01 08:21 PM

NLP is great stuff, but paraliminals are NLP. It's all intergrated.

NLP as I see it is just modeling. Everything else is an application of modeling. So if you mean you want to learn the strategies that have come as a result of model to better yourself, go right ahead. Discover the difference that makes the difference, and use it to learn and grow.

Paralimials will help you along that path, wherever it leads. If you learn NLP and apply it, applying being rather important, you will see good thing happen in your life. But why not use Paraliminals as well? It's all good stuff.

#2619 02/14/01 07:05 PM

Brian,
I wish I didn't know anything about NLP when I am listening to paraliminal tapes. My conscious mind constantly interferes while I am listening, its something like: 'oh here is an embeded comman', or 'now he uses time distorsion', or 'nice presuppostions here'... etc. I have to make a special effort to relax and stop analyzing what I am hearing; as I said, I think I would get better results if I had no idea about NLP. When I manage to turn off the analytical part of my mind and just relax and go with the flow, I seem to get pretty good results from the tapes.

By the way I've been studying NLP for a couple of years, can't say I've mastred it though. Like so many, I've started learning it because of the RJ speed seduction. So far it seems that tapes are a nice addition to just doing NLP exercises by myself.

>My revelation is as follows:
>"I use paraliminal tapes, because I have not >taken the time to learn and master NLP. Were >I to learn and practice NLP daily, I would >gain benefits greater than paraliminals have >thus far offered me."

>If anyone reading this has mastered NLP and >daily puts it into practice, please tell me >if he or she thinks that the above thought >rings true. How do your results with >proactive NLP compare with those of >paraliminals?

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited February 14, 2001).]

#2620 02/14/01 08:35 PM

while were on the subject of nlp, what are some good books to help me learn how to use nlp in my life? I have only seemed to find expensive courses offering to teach it. Any suggestions?

#2621 02/16/01 06:27 AM

check this out, the best advise on NLP books I've ever seen. This is from mindlist FAQ, you can find more info there if you wish.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mindlist/message/2041

#2622 02/15/01 11:07 PM

Brian649,

I have being using both areas for some years now, I haven't 'mastered' either, I don't know if I want to or you can since both area are constantly evolving and the boundaries if any between NLP and Paras are being push forward and out all the time. The way I approach it at the moment is thus: NLP is good because you now have a lot of formalised techniques, that when needed you can use to make a conscious change, but because you know them you can end up going around in circles going nowhere fast because you know too much. Paras are less evasive, for myself change happens over time, which is a good thing since I have time to adjust to what is happening. Plus I can have Para playing in he backgroung whilst I'm PRing and studying. As of yet I don't know how I could do and NLP belief change and reading a book at the same time! Really they are one and the same, they go hand in hand. Each has its own place.

Who ever made the comment about state change..well I pity them for not having as an open mind as they might think, since if you think a Para will not generate a new state..guess what he's right!

evanspa21,

Which areas of your life do you want to use NLP or it is everywhere..email me and I can send you a list.

#2623 02/16/01 02:33 PM

Great, thanks for the input!

#2624 02/16/01 11:46 PM
OP Offline

Perhaps...

Right, there are two forms of meditation:
Yin meditation, where you sit and let your mind diffuse, and
Yang meditation, where focus or probe your mind.

Can we say that paraliminals are yin and conscious use of NLP is yang?

Then both have their time and place, just as with both forms of meditation.

"..and a time for every purpose, under heaven" --The Byrds. (the 60's are back!)

#2625 02/17/01 05:02 PM

"...and a time for every purpose, under heaven."

This quote is actually from Ecclesiastes in the Bible. The Byrds put it into a song that was very popular. (for anyone who cares )

#2626 02/17/01 05:37 PM
OP Offline

oops greeeat song by the way.

I wonder.. does ignorance of the bible constitute as cultural illiteracy? It is so deeply ingrained into the culture--perhaps forever. I doubt we will ever get rid of AD and BC for instance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved